• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos CT Valium at 20-mg/day - time to w/ds?

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
My psych fucked me over today. Didn't send in my refill. It might be until Monday afternoon until I can get her straightened out.

Took my last 20-mg today, Friday. Anyone who's been through this situation have an idea of when I might be in trouble? Obviously I'll not be feeling great tomorrow (Sat AM) as I'm on a taper. My last drop was a week ago. So I'm already "low" on benzos vs. what my brain is accustomed to.

Thanks.

Relax. You are on a nice taper benzo. If a few days has you that concerned, get valerian root, chamomile, or something basic as sleepy/ relaxing tea. That's all you need. In the mean time, try to stay off the stimulants. You can skate right through this.

If you start getting shaky hands, feel like you're dying etc. it's time to get to the ER

^^ Thanks for your input. She called in the script late last night, so I'm good. I asked in part b/c this happens frequently. It's a weird situation, my doc doesn't have a receptionist / office manager so i have to communicate directly with her. It's weird texting your doc for refills - damn state has mandated e-scripts and she can't write refills b/c is a taper. So every month i have this risk that she won't respond to a couple of short, pleasant texts from me.

I have a severe anxiety disorder, so I can get anxious when the bottle gets empty - on time - but my three day old refill request hasn't been addressed.

I know valium has a very long half-life, and I shouldn't worry about a day without - and when i was on stable dose of clonazepam I wouldn't sweat a day without, but on a taper... I get nervous - obviously. Thank you all.

Btw - last night I took 900-mg of gabapentin that I had from long ago last night. First time I actually took this med. I dosed 300-mg thirty minutes apart until 900-mg. The resulting feeling was very weird. It feet like the initial weirdness of an acid trip, like how you feel in the first minutes I'm coming up on medium quality acid, the weird shakes, twitchy feeling that fades as the trip gets going. Super clean acid has no come up feeling for me.

That lasted for two hours! Then i became very fatigued and slept hard. But there was absolutely nothing pleasant for me in taking gabapentin. I know others find this hit or miss, but haven't heard of anyone having the odd feelings i did on it.