• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CT off Opana using loperamide and gaba

Barefoot352

Greenlighter
If this needs to go somewhere else by all means let me know but wanted to share

Im currently about 20 hours from my last Opana and have decided to CT using gaba and loperamide. I feel okay right now about 2 hours ago I took 12 mg of lope because I was starting to feel a little shaky. I took gaba at 7am, or 5 1/2 hours ago. I think the bad WD are right around the corner but hope the lope will help with that.

I will document my journey here, feel free to comment.

BTW all my opiates are legal I have chronic pain and waiting on a hip replacement but I'm too young really for that so I'm on PM for a couple years. This is the first time I'm Quitting any opiate in about 3 years but it's gotten real bad the last few months. I basically want to see how I feel without any opiates or if it's the opiates telling me I'm in more pain than I. Really am or would be if I was clean.

Tks
bf352

Did the 12mg of lope help at all? I was under the impression that the doses had to be super high to cross the brain/blood barrier or whatever. Otherwise it?s just attaching to the opioid receptors in your GI tract.

Not that I?m recommending high dose lope. I?ve never tried it myself, but have read about the dangers. I?m just curious if 12mg put a dent in your WD symptoms.

Did the 12mg of lope help at all? I was under the impression that the doses had to be super high to cross the brain/blood barrier or whatever. Otherwise it?s just attaching to the opioid receptors in your GI tract.

Not that I?m recommending high dose lope. I?ve never tried it myself, but have read about the dangers. I?m just curious if 12mg put a dent in your WD symptoms.

No it didn't, I took another 10 mg and it's helped a little bit. I'm not too concerned about getting across the BBB more wanting physical symptoms to subside. I've been railing Opana for long enough I really want a clean mind for a bit.

I went on a week long oxymorphone IR binge. Railing those fuckers all day long.

I?ve been through a lot of opiate withdrawals in my time, but that was one of the worst.

It was pretty recently, and now my normal DOC?s (hydro/oxycodone) don?t have the effect they did before. I don?t know if it?s mental, some sort of reverse placebo effect or what.

All that to say, good luck to you. My brief flirtation with oxymorphone was enough for me to get a small glimpse of what you?re going through.

I'm at hour 12 from IV h use. This is also my most recent attempt in the last 3 years to quit opiates. Before that it was like 4-5 years ago I did it successfully.
After failing and trying to "taper h", because I'm full time student + work, I decided I'd rather just stay using full time without the ups and downs of withdraaals and attempts because I needed to focus on school and I needed to function nonestop, it's not easy to find 5-7 days off to detox.
Well right now I got that chance, although right before my midterms, fuck it. I'll be happier being clean day 6-7 with some goosebumps and fatigue while taking the midterms (if I'm successful)

Quick question: anyone used flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for opiate withdrawals ? Are there any dangerous combinations when taking it? I know it has semi tryclic anti depressant type activity and that it's anti chollenergic, does that mean I can't take certain drugs like amitriptyline within a week or two apart ? What about tizanidine ? Cause I just took tizanidine and I have some amitriptylines around

I'm at hour 12 from IV h use. This is also my most recent attempt in the last 3 years to quit opiates. Before that it was like 4-5 years ago I did it successfully.
After failing and trying to "taper h", because I'm full time student + work, I decided I'd rather just stay using full time without the ups and downs of withdraaals and attempts because I needed to focus on school and I needed to function nonestop, it's not easy to find 5-7 days off to detox.
Well right now I got that chance, although right before my midterms, fuck it. I'll be happier being clean day 6-7 with some goosebumps and fatigue while taking the midterms (if I'm successful)

Quick question: anyone used flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for opiate withdrawals ? Are there any dangerous combinations when taking it? I know it has semi tryclic anti depressant type activity and that it's anti chollenergic, does that mean I can't take certain drugs like amitriptyline within a week or two apart ? What about tizanidine ? Cause I just took tizanidine and I have some amitriptylines around

Not sure about the interactions with other drugs but my experience is cyclobenzaprine made withdrawals worse for me in the past. Tizanidine not so much and helped me sleep but only for an hour or two.

I don't think the lope helped at all and had to take a 15mg oxy late last night just to calm down. I took kratom today, 5 grams of premium Bali and I feel damn good. Can't believe it, I should be rolling around in pain but I'm not. I don't have a lot of energy but overall pretty good.

I went on a week long oxymorphone IR binge. Railing those fuckers all day long.

I?ve been through a lot of opiate withdrawals in my time, but that was one of the worst.

It was pretty recently, and now my normal DOC?s (hydro/oxycodone) don?t have the effect they did before. I don?t know if it?s mental, some sort of reverse placebo effect or what.

All that to say, good luck to you. My brief flirtation with oxymorphone was enough for me to get a small glimpse of what you?re going through.

haha thanks for the good vibes. Yeah I get oxy IR 15 mg prescribed and they do nothing at all anymore. Another reason I wanted to quit the oxymorphone it's just too damned good and I abuse it. When I go back to my pm I am asking for a different ER. The Opana nods me out too much and I need to stay functional. I have a pretty demanding job and make killer money I can't fuck that up.

So had a great morning so far !! I'll say that the loperamide was worthless for me. I've been taking about 1600 mg of gabapentin a day, Kratom and a Valium here and there. This is definitely the easiest WD I've ever been through and coming off the worst, or most opiate usage ever. I don't have a boat load of energy and my joints are a little achy. Last night I had some RLS but not horrible, I've had 10x worse before. I'm pretty confident I'll get through this pretty well until Nov 3 when I got back to my pm to change up meds. I'll stay on my oxycodone IR but going to change my ER med to something other than Opana. Wish it could be OxyContin but my insurance won't cover it. I know there is some new formulation called Xtampsa but not sur about that and there isn't much info out there on the boards yet. Anyways, I'll keep updating when I can. Have a great day !!!

Man if I were you I'd just stay clean and do whatever I can not to ever have to experience that problem again.
A lot of research points towards the fact that the opiates themselves make you sensitive to pain over time when you take them.
I say this for chronic pain users who get clean because they have no choice or switch of meds, whatever the reason, you're gonna be clean. You should look for every possible opportunity to treat your chronic pain without opiates.
I'm just thinking man if I were you I'd be so happy .... I fucked up because i got clean 3-4 years ago and haven't been since and hate myself everyday for not just sticking to it. Now I'm so busy with work and school it's impossible almost for me to find the time, let alone having the will detox at that particular moment when I finally due get time.
I have massive family issues at home with my siblings and had a massive fight during withdrawals at hour 18 made me cave in and shoot up .1 tar.....

It's crazy how much more stressful things are during withdrawals, a fight or argument just makes me cave.

I'm gonna take it as progress and try to leave it at one shot the whole day only, rather than 4-5 like I normally do. If I can get through another 18-24 hours without using after only doing 1 shot that's a major taper from doing .5-.6+ a day, going down to .1-.15 a day

I'm gonna stay posted here with you my man let's see how it goes, I wish us both luck

Gb21 I hear ya brother. It's hard not to hate yourself but I'm sure there are enough positive things, however small, that you can focus on. I've been there though so I'm not judging by any means. I'm lucky to have a great career, great family and such but I'm much older than you (43) I presume.

I honestly doubt ill I'll stay clean, but I think I'm done taking opiates to get high. The truth is they WORK for what they are intended. I just have to stay away from the oxymorphone because I know if I get more ill crush em up and rail one or two the second I walk out of the pharmacy. They are my kryptonite. I was good when I had just oxycodone. No issues. Maybe I'm just telling myself that and maybe I'll always want to chase that Opana crazy train. I never messed with H, can't because if my job I can't deal with illegal substances due to my job. I don't judge, especially now and am involved in drug court on the criminal justice side and I can relate to those going through it on a level that nobody else can. I'm just legal is the only difference. It's kinds weird.

So so all that to say.... stay with me on this thread and stay with your taper at least. I took a Percocet we had laying around yesterday just to take the edge off. Just one and it did nothing for my head, just helped my RLS. I'm lucky to have a wife that loves me unconditionally but I think her patience is wearing thin. Peace brother.

Last edited:
Barefoot,

I really think you've got the right idea in terms of drugs for mitigating withdrawal symptoms. For my own personal trials, I consider Gabapentinoids like Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) to be the most important item in my "kit". For myself, there's no drug more effective in mitigating side-effects like Restless Legs/Akathisia than Gabapentinoids. It's great, as they possess no cross-tolerance with Opioids, so you are able to medicate your symptoms while still progressing through the withdrawal syndrome.

This is the issue that I see with Loperamide (Immodium). It's great at relieving withdrawal symptoms in high doses because it is itself an Opioid. You need to be careful with your dosage, however, because if you are ridding yourself of most of your withdrawal symptoms simply through Loperamide, you are likely to be prolonging your withdrawal, possibly indefinitely. There are people who become dependent upon Loperamide in very high dosages (which is very unsafe), because they just can't give up the Opioids in the end.

Just be weary about the Gabapentin, not because it's dangerous, but because tolerance creeps up pretty quickly, so you want to make sure you have them available for when symptoms get especially severe. Don't binge on them, use them when you need their help the most i.e. for sleep or for work.

I agree on the gabapentin. Especially the non-binging aspect of what kief said, don't binge because you'll end up wasting the value of it once you really need it, plus taking more and more gaba doesn't make much of a difference after a certain point. It's better to stay at low dose tolerance and take it when required (also so you don't run out quicker)

Interesting about gabapentin, I take 1200 mg at a time a don't feel a thing. But does take away RLS