• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth Crystal methamphetamine stability and shelf life

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
I have a question regarding the stability and shelf life of crystal methamphetamine stored at room temperature. I use low-dose oral crystal meth therapeutically for ADHD (I never use or used crystal meth recreationally), but I have been on Vyvanse for a month now, so my leftover crystal meth is just lying around (I still use it occasionally). I will probably be back to self-medication with crystal meth if I move to another country or province (during the time I find a new psychologist or NP in the new location who would write me a script), so I wanted to store crystal meth in a stable environment such that I can retain the potency and still use it as a backup whenever I needed.

Currently, I store it in 2 ziplock bags at room temperature in my closet (so that it's not directly exposed to light all the time).
img1.jpg

I'm planning to wrap this in another baggie so that the substance is protected by 3 layers of ziplock bags to prevent it from being exposed to air and moisture.

I'm not a chemistry guy, so tips about storing it in some chemical solution to retain stability wouldn't be very useful/practical. But is my current approach a decent technique to store and retain the potency of crystal meth for like 3-5 years? (I have another stash that I use for immediate access, so I wouldn't have to open the "stock baggie" every so often) After 5 years, for example, I could toss this out and get a new stock.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and practical advice. Thanks!

Shelf life should be close to decades. Store in freezer if you’re really worried about contaminants doing something strange and degrading your product.

When you thaw it be careful not to let condensed moisture into the bag

Shelf life should be close to decades. Store in freezer if you’re really worried about contaminants doing something strange and degrading your product.

When you thaw it be careful not to let condensed moisture into the bag
I thought placing it in a home refrigerator's freezer might cause humidity and moisture and degrade the molecule -- that's why I'm keeping it in my closet at room temperature to avoid the risk (since I don't know if normal refrigerator's freezer would be apt for storing crystal meth, or that taking the risk to store it in a freezer would be significant considering the cost, like accidental moisture, humidity, or nosy housemates I live and share the refrigerator with).

I thought placing it in a home refrigerator's freezer might cause humidity and moisture and degrade the molecule -- that's why I'm keeping it in my closet at room temperature to avoid the risk (since I don't know if normal refrigerator's freezer would be apt for storing crystal meth, or that taking the risk to store it in a freezer would be significant considering the cost, like accidental moisture, humidity, or nosy housemates I live and share the refrigerator with).
No humidity can get into a bag put into the freezer if it is air tight and you dry off all the condensed moisturize that forms around the bag upon removing from the freezer before you open the bag. Vacuum sealed bags are ideal. Ziplocks may not be air tight

All unstable chemicals in labs are stored in extremely cold freezers way colder than the ones for food. This is because decomposition reactions do not happen at lower temps