• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Crystal meth withdrawals

EUPH0RiCRUSH

Greenlighter
So, I'm writing this because I've been an on and on user of crystal meth for a little while. I first used it 2010 a few times but didn't use it again until roughly late 2015 and was hooked on it till February 2017. And then I got clean but this past June marked 3 years I've been on meth again. So that's a little background of me but the reason I'm writing this because whenever I try to stop I get terrible withdrawal symptoms. Like absolutely terrible. I get the dry heaves, restless legs, cold sweats, extreme irritability, no appetite, extreme fatigue, Etc. Now, I know extreme fatigue is normal because when people stop stimulant they will crash. So that's not really shocking to me but the fact that I experience all these other withdrawals when my friends just crash for a couple days is baffling. Like these withdrawals last 2 weeks for me. I just don't understand it. And I don't use any more than my friends do. If I do it's an absolute minimal amount. I know to help my withdrawals I should be hydrated and take vitamins but I'm just curious as to why I'm withdrawing when other people are not. Sorry if there's no real answer to this. I'm just I'm very curious to see what people say.

Also, this is also very baffling because when I got clean in 2017 I experienced zero withdrawal symptoms and I used more back then then I use now. That's the aspect that really confuses me. I never experienced withdrawals until this run and I'm getting it from all different people so it's not like the source I'm getting it from is making it differently. I tried quitting from like four different plugs during this run and I got withdrawals every single time from all of them.

There are RC and other chemicals that cause withdrawls in some people but not others.
Some cuts can cause bad ones.
Some food for thought
Like the fetty has that crap zylazine in it. That shit is horrible for withdrawals and there is no known "comfort drugs" for it.
Just an example

Last edited:
So, I'm writing this because I've been an on and on user of crystal meth for a little while. I first used it 2010 a few times but didn't use it again until roughly late 2015 and was hooked on it till February 2017. And then I got clean but this past June marked 3 years I've been on meth again. So that's a little background of me but the reason I'm writing this because whenever I try to stop I get terrible withdrawal symptoms. Like absolutely terrible. I get the dry heaves, restless legs, cold sweats, extreme irritability, no appetite, extreme fatigue, Etc. Now, I know extreme fatigue is normal because when people stop stimulant they will crash. So that's not really shocking to me but the fact that I experience all these other withdrawals when my friends just crash for a couple days is baffling. Like these withdrawals last 2 weeks for me. I just don't understand it. And I don't use any more than my friends do. If I do it's an absolute minimal amount. I know to help my withdrawals I should be hydrated and take vitamins but I'm just curious as to why I'm withdrawing when other people are not. Sorry if there's no real answer to this. I'm just I'm very curious to see what people say.
Withdrawals are normal for stimulants. I get brain fog and fatigue when I stop my ADHD meds for a day or two (if I'm doing other drugs). I usually top it off with caffeine and it mostly works. If caffeine doesn't do the job, I take armodafinil (or modafinil depending on availability).

There are RC and other chemicals that cause withdrawls in some people but not others.
Some cuts can cause bad ones.
Some food for though
Like the fetty has that crap ztlazine in it. That shit is horrible for withdrawals and there is no known "comfort drugs" for it.
Just an example
Benzodope without tranq is bad enough. I dabbled for a month, had only mild opiate withdrawl, but was twitching the fuck out at night to the point of approaching siezure. It was a week of hell.

As someone who's spent years addicted to stimulants I think calling coming off them withdrawals is a load of crap to be honest.

You don't physically need them. Infact your body will literally thank you for quitting and getting some food/sleep.

Yes you may have fucked up dreams and cravings for a couple of weeks after. It took me 2 weeks of coming off drugs to stop dreaming of crack cocaine. You may also experience having absolutely no energy/sleeping alot after coming off them, but again this is your body recovering from the lack of sleep when you've been on stimulants.

Food, sleep, and doing meaningful things most people do like soending time in good company seem to bring me more much more joy than stimulants ever did to be honest.

As someone who's spent years addicted to stimulants I think calling coming off them withdrawals is a load of crap to be honest.

You don't physically need them. Infact your body will literally thank you for quitting and getting some food/sleep.

Yes you may have fucked up dreams and cravings for a couple of weeks after. It took me 2 weeks of coming off drugs to stop dreaming of crack cocaine. You may also experience having absolutely no energy/sleeping alot after coming off them, but again this is your body recovering from the lack of sleep when you've been on stimulants.

Food, sleep, and doing meaningful things most people do like soending time in good company seem to bring me more much more joy than stimulants ever did to be honest.

You know my experience has been pretty much the same as yours - my meth 'withdrawal' isn't much more than just laying in bed or on the couch for a week watching movies and eating snacks. I feel down sure. But its really not that bad.

That being said.... everybody reacts differently to drugs. As if drug users don't struggle enough with being looked down upon. And to then be told by other drug users - that you are full shit... when you come for help. That would hurt me, I think.

To OP, I wish I had something helpful to say but like I said my meth withdrawal wasn't much more than sleeping and eating. Maybe somebody else will know more. Good luck.

The only thing I really have to say is, just because you bought from the same person, and maybe even they bought from the same person, thing is, production methods have evolved. Things were done to skirt laws etc. Who knows what kind of byproduct or additive was in your meth. Don't mean to scare you, but its a possibility that is part of this.

my immediate thought was yeah, there’s something else in that shit but if OP consistently experiences this from different sources and their friends don’t, then i’m wondering if the issue is medical. OP, all i can think to say is maybe get some basic bloodwork done if you can? maybe you have some newly developed issue that is causing this. idk. i’m sorry that you’re experiencing it. obviously in the interest of HR i’ve gotta suggest you strongly consider quitting. it sure doesn’t sound like it’s worth it to me.

The things you described sounds more like opiate withdrawal than speed. Might want to be more thorough in your choice of supplier and or considering washing it to get out some impurity. Dry heaves, cold sweats, Rls (Restless Leg Syndrome) are all classic opiate withdrawals and not speed related. Are you taking care of yourself while you are using or going 24hrs+ without eating?