• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal meth, hair loss... Advice,help?

killacali1

Greenlighter
I had been using crystal meth for a little less than 3 mos and even though I naturally have fine hair, it is thinning more than usual. The area some people cut into bangs was long on me, but just small parts of the edges broke off so now a little bit of that area is short and baby hair like while it was long not too long ago. Has anyone had similar problems and any advice such as helpful hair repair products or supplements, any input is appreciated

I don't think 3 months of meth would have this effect on hairloss.
The only way I can think of (from your description above) is you actually physically pulling your hair out (or parts of it) while on a meth binge.

(And yes I am being serious).

Well I think I would remember that lol but do you know what supplements or products if any could help with hair loss? My hair was fragile to begin with as I have a hypothyroid condition which already gives me hair problems so its possible meth affected mine this fast

Well I'm sure Im not imagining the hair loss due to paranoia, I asked a few people and they confirmed it although it's gradual. I also found evidence that others have experienced hair loss on other websites but there werent any solutions offered as these sites were not discussion or forum websites

While it may not be the case you will find meth paranoia and inaccurate conclusions are very cleverly disguised in perfect logic and obvious common sense. The things I have though and believed are quite surprising.

If the hair loss is genuine, it might be coincidence like you might be growing old and balding already but are in deep denial, but if you are certain its the meth then its either you pulling it our unknowingly while high or those pesky meth bugs that breed in your skin are to blame since the more aggressive colonies are known to eat hair as well.

I have found the opposite however that meth tends to increase hair growth along with any other factors that are in line with the transition to an ideal alpha male caveman warrior type which is an ideal vessel for the meth personality to inhabit.

If the meth is in fact causing your hair loss... which I highly doubt, (there is a good chance your yanking it out while tweaking like lettuce said.. you say you'd remember it but you'd be surprised) I'd seriously cut back on the meth.. Actually, I'd cut back on the meth anyway if I were you. Unless you wanna be a bald meth-head, of course.. :\

I have found the opposite however that meth tends to increase hair growth along with any other factors that are in line with the transition to an ideal alpha male caveman warrior type which is an ideal vessel for the meth personality to inhabit.

Haha. Never get tired of your crazy meth posts, blight... Okay, sometimes I do.. but this one was funny. ;)

Yes meth can cause hair loss and in short time. In certain cases at least where it's not getting filtered properly by colon /kidney the junk escapes anyway it can. This includes through that skin (pimple like or bleach marks) running nose, through the mouth (cuts, Salivatory glands, etc), semen, etc not just urine. In the case of hair loss it is the pimples especially that look elevated. Once opened the junk comes out n quickly dissolves the hair to the root n uses the follicle for more to escape. It has happened all over someone's body who now has to buzz their head to let the thinning and missing parts catch back up to the rest. This is what also cause the blonde / grey / patchy hair, beards, mustache, etc. so no it isn't paranoia or natural causes. And someone would also like to find a way to reduce damage..... Oh ps it can also bleach things, sheets, clothes etc when this happens so if u notice spots, this is why...

Biotin (vitamin B6) can help with repairing hair and make it healthier u can try this it should be at any store that has a medicine section