• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crushing oxy OP 80 with a razor

Ganja Gremlin

Bluelighter
So If you take an oxy 80 extended release and the grain it as finely as possible into a power using a very sharp razor and then just swallow the powder will it get u high let defeat the extended release. These things are so much cheaper than regular oxys ... but they are time released .
I only weigh 90 pounds though , it takes me like 20-25mg to get a good buzz from instant release .
I could litterally save so much money if I could just figure out how to get high off these things .Im a broke college student and my opiate habit is seriously putting a dent in my wallet when I end up redosing taking 40-45mg in a day. most I ever took was 60mg but that was spread out through the day and spending 1 dollar a mg is too much .

I would just take the entire pill as normal but I'm worried that I would OD on that , I have an eating disorder and already am prone to heart problems . I use opiates 3-4 times a week usually.

I already searched for other threads on this and people were talking about microwaving it and other crazy shit , or dissolving it in a soda . They say u can't crush it , but nobody said anything about basically shaving it with a razor almost using it as a cheese grater, or chizzling at it .

OK, first off, this thread is going to get closed as it doesn't remotely pertain to harm reduction. However, I used to be prescribed those and if you're talking about the most recent ones (I think I read you said OP's) then you really need to be creative. I personally used to use a kitchen tool called a microplaner and I would turn the pill into idk, small shavings I guess you'd say. I would then smoke it off foil. Pretty harsh stuff but it does work. Good buzz but pretty short in duration. Tough on the throat and lungs too. Not a super smart move but if one is highly motivated... Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I don't think you can get those shavings small enough to really snort, so that's why I used to do what I did. Please be extremely careful as those things are no joke.

It acrually does relate to harm reduction. I don't wanna take an entire pill and OD which is why I was asking .
and it relates to a major reduction in the amount of money I'll be spending

I don't have a lot of hands on experience with the OPs, have used them but had a good connect for roxys when real OC's went off the market. But if you can get em cheap enough, I would just take a larger dose in the morning and be set the whole day, since with IR oxy you would end up redosing anyways, functionally it should work fine you'll jut have to wait a couple hours to really be feeling it but it'll last all day. If your habit isn't to the point where you actually have to redose, or don't take them in the morning, then do yourself a favor and STOP NOW.

you could.

I would start w/ 1/4 (20 mg) and wait 2-3 hours before taking the other 1/4 (20 mg) if the most you usually take in a day is 40 mg.

The best advice in this thread

do yourself a favor and STOP NOW.

I had gotten up to 200-240 mg a day habit over 3 years. This is when I could get them extremely cheap and sell them for enough to cover my habit. I ruined friends lives, strangers lives, and my own. I am still dealing with the consequences of the abuse of those dirty little fuckers 8 years later.

If you are at 40 mg a day, I would just use the ER to ween off of them until you don't need them anymore.

You are in college, presumably doing something to better yourself. Taking opiates to get high (or even using them as prescribed) will lead nowhere fast. Do you really want to keep doing this for the rest of your life?

I tried taking 20mg of it before and it didn't do anything , but I had just came off a 6 day binge so maybe that's why.i don't use everyday usually 3-4 times a week .latley 4-5 times a week. I do want to at least cut down on my opiate use but honestly opiates are not all I struggle with, if it's not Them it will be mdma or benzos , or my eating disorder gets worse and I lose more weight and end up in the hospital . The reason I love opiates is because no matter how I'm feeling mentally they just make me numb ,it doesn't matter if I'm sad or full of regret and self hatred when I am completely numb mentally and physically . Most of the time drugs feel like all I have to live for . I have PTSD , chronic depression , anxiety all on top of my eating disorder and had a really traumatic childhood .i do not live anymore ,and have not for years I just merely exist ,only living every day trying to find something to take my pain away .

Honestly sometimes I think drugs are the only thing stopping me from killing mgself ... I go through phases with my use . It's summer so I have been using a lot like always ... sometimes I will be clean from harder drugs for months . The first time I took a Vicodin I was 13 though ...

You don't have to explain to my why you take opiates, believe me I get it.

But if you keep going they won't take your pain away, they will be the cause of it, mental and physical pain you can't imagine. And 20mg is nothing, if you think its putting a dent in your wallet now wait until your tolerance is 5x higher and you can' possibly function without them. You are teetering on the edge as it is, you won't be able to keep it up much longer, especially as you age your tolerance will grow more rapidly and dependence will sneak up on you. Please, get help with whatever issues you are having, and tell someone who loves you about your opiate habit, and stop before its too late.

Try to crush it as fine as possible, then attempt to dissolve in a slightly acidic beverage.

Honestly, my advice would be to simply accept that the pill is an extended release and try to enjoy the longer, albeit more subtle intoxication. It sounds like you're not seriously into Opioids at this point, although I do accept that Oxycodone is an expensive habit even at lower dosages, so I don't think you need to worry so much about making the pill into an instant release form. My point is, being that your dosage is still relatively low, you might enjoy the Oxycodone in its time-release form.

However, if you do choose to do this, by completely destroying/crushing/grinding the pill, you can still expect some of the time-release properties to be intact. For this reason, if we are approacing this from a HR perspective, the dosage is going to be significantly less-predictable. At least with the pill intact, we can go by the manufacturer's stated time-frame.

Another thing to note, if ~30mg of Oxycodone is well tolerated, it's highly unlikely that 60mg-80mg will kill or cause unwanted complication. Just food for thought. I'm not trying to encourage you to do it, but it might make you a little more comfortable to know that you're safe.

Would withdrawals from the oxy op be worse and longer though because the drug has a longer half life ?

Not substantially as you're only adding about 6-7 hours to it. A 12 hour ER pill releases everything in about 7-8 as it wears off in 12 hours, usually much sooner than that for some and almost guaranteed if it's altered / grinded or broken down by chemical or other mechanical manipulation. If you're bound and determined to get it to release Immediately then patience and diffusion into a liquid is probably your best bet but it's a road that leads to a self imposed hell as others have said, and I don't mean manipulating the ER pill.