• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

crushing dihydrocodeine? increase effect? Struggling to get the best out of them!

Tifftifco2

Bluelighter
Just wondering if crushing my dihydrocodeine immediate release tablets would help me get more out of them? Would my body absorb more this way? I've tried various potentiaters with ok results but I feel nothing is giving me the feeling it used too and I cant go any higher in dose or I run out before my script and end up with horrible withdrawals in less than 24 hours. I'm just looking for ways to make the most of the doses I have. I take 8 x 30mg with 900mg gabapentin sometimes 1200mg gabapentin in a morning on an empty stomach. I pretty much then go in to withdrawals by bedtime and pray for morning to come fast whilst using non opiate painkillers to try and help the withdrawal symptoms. I'm hoping to be able to find ways to get more out of them and split them back to twice a day like I used to do. I don't want to end up hurting myself by crushing them so looking to find out 1 if it works and 2 if it's safe? I feel like Ive completely burnt this particular drug out now but my Gp flat refuses to put me on anything stronger. I wish it was simpler to get hold of stuff in the uk but they are all hell bent on getting people off opiates but it's the only thing that helps me get through my days and I don't fancy getting myself on to heroin and that spiralling and me losing my job, kids home etc but I am at the point where I can't cope physically or mentally without them its horrible but I don't want to stop! Thanks for any advice you may give!

Yeah IR pills are already absorbed pretty fast and efficiently, so crushing is kind of pointless. I hope you get back to a point where you aren't going to sleep in withdrawals anymore, that sounds like a horrible way to live.

1st if you swallow the pills by the time the drug is broken down by your stomach & gets into your bloodstream & passes the blood brain barrier your only getting say 30% of the substance, if you let the pill sit & melt under your tongue trying not to swallow any of it so it isnt digested by your stomach an rather gets into your blood via the "subucochial method" i.e. through your mouth & the viens under your tongue & not through your stomach "if done right" you'll get up to 65% of the drug instead of 30% tops.. Yes crushing them would help absorption but the risk that you start drooling & swallow it is much higher than letting them slowly dissolve while obviously not eating or drinking anything or drooling is... Then again you could always snort .... smoke ... Inject ... Or put them up your ass but that'll only lead you down a rough road of self destruction !!!! Hope this helps 💯

Is there a way to take a little more gabapentin in the morning and re-dose the dihydrocodeine later?

Some people find that gabapentin makes opiates less effective. Then again some people find that it makes them more effective.

The suggestion for sublingual absorption (holding it in your mouth) is probably the best one. Snorting pills is awful for your nose, as there is a ton of binders and such. Plus the drug's effect lasts much shorter that way.

If I were you, I would avoid trying to chase the high, because you will keep needing a higher and higher dosage. At this point I think you should accept that opiate addiction, after a honeymoon phase where it feels great, basically involves trying to feel normal again, rather than high. If you reduce your initial dosage, you can take the rest of it later and avoid the nightly withdrawal.

If I were you, I would avoid trying to chase the high, because you will keep needing a higher and higher dosage. At this point I think you should accept that opiate addiction, after a honeymoon phase where it feels great, basically involves trying to feel normal again, rather than high. If you reduce your initial dosage, you can take the rest of it later and avoid the nightly withdrawal.

I tried to say that, but my English is very bad haha I think it is a better option, if he keeps looking for a high effect he will still need higher doses, maybe he should only reduce the dose of DHC in the morning and take a little more in the afternoon or night, the pills he has are IR so there is nothing to make them last longer

I'm pretty sure DHC isn't a prodrug like Codeine? I think it's active on it's own plus its metabolite Dihydromorphine (clinically insignificant). If this is the case which im sure it is then you wanna inhibit your Cytochrome P450 system so less of it goes through first pass metabolism resulting in more of the drug getting into ur system which will increase it's oral BA. A common and effective way to do this is to drink about a pint of freshly squeezed Golden or Pink Grapefruit Juice an hour or 2 before u take the DHC, and if it works which im about 75% certain it will then ull notice the difference!

This works wonders with Oxycodone, I actually won't take my oxy's unless I've drank some Grapefruit Juice.

If you reduce your initial dosage, you can take the rest of it later and avoid the nightly withdrawal.

This. Take half in the morning and half in the afternoon.

Also assuming this is a script OP can ask for time release DHC which will come in the form of DHC Continus. This works fairly well in my experience. Doses are 60/90/120mg. So you could take one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

I snorted 90mg once to see if it made a difference compared to oral administration but nope. Felt similar.

i think you could try rectal administration. I plan to try that myself.
Crushing the pills only improves onset. Not bioavailability.

How does rectal administration make a difference?

I don't think I will get a longer effect rectally
I continue to insist that you reduce your morning dose a little and take the rest of your dose in the afternoon, or get extended-release tablets.

Grapefruit juice an hour before and taking half the dose under the tounge. And half later on in the day.

Really be careful with the grapefruit juice it makes a massive massive difference.

@Tifftifco2

Last edited: