• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crushed Adderall Beads and Dose Equivalency

FractalMe

Bluelighter
As someone who typically prefers Cocaine as my stimulant of choice, I have always taken things like ritalin and Adderall (as an adult) and crushed the beads to deter duration.

I took Adderall XR from age 8-15 and stopped but have recently come across a large amount of 15mg Adderall XR pills (R3036). What I am wondering is if, due to the XR coating, a crushed 15mg XR pill the same as a 30mg IR dose? I am close to getting a script again and will be taking the rest orally to report back to my psych.

Regardless, is this how it works? Or is it 7.5mg then 7.5mg released after the coating is digested, or similarly in the case of snorting, the same as 15mg IR when snorted?

15mg adderall extended release is not equal to 30mg of immediate release. They don't compensate for the extended release feature by adding more amphetamine. They both contain the same amounts.

Where this does occur is in the methylphenidate patches, where they do add more to compensate for loss of drug.

15mg adderall extended release is not equal to 30mg of immediate release. They don't compensate for the extended release feature by adding more amphetamine. They both contain the same amounts.

Where this does occur is in the methylphenidate patches, where they do add more to compensate for loss of drug.
I appreciate the quick and concise answer, I have consumed 120mg of Amphetamine so far then. It just feels a lot more rushy than instant release and I started to wonder. I have taken up to 200mg in a 12 hour period with Adderall IR tablets and this (the XR) feels more body oriented, I am assuming that is due to the levo/dextro ratio?

Edit reason: Spelling eeek

I appreciate the quick and concise answer, I have consumed 120mg of Amphetamine so far then. It just feels a lot more rushy than instant release and I started to wonder. I have taken up to 200mg in a 12 hour period with Adderall IR tablets and this (the XR) feels more body oriented, I am assuming that is due to the levo/dextro ratio?

Rather than trying to work out the precise dosage, go with how you feel instead. If it feels like you've taken too much, then you've taken too much regardless of the dosage. Try taking a bit less next time.

I took 110mg of dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) today coincidentally, it was definitely unnecessary, took it in single oral dose at 8:30am and 12 hours later i still feel it very strongly. Too strongly. Won't be repeating this one.

I took 135 over time, buddy wanted blow and switched to a half g of scale today at 4pm

The ratio of dextro to levo is the same in IR vs time release formulations. The only difference with the extended release is that if you take it orally without crushing the beads, the dose is released slower, resulting in lower serum levels but a longer duration. If you crush it up, it is exactly the same as the IR formula.

I get dexampth XR and it seems so incosistent. My best thing to do imo is take it on an empty stomach. This seems to combat XR so youre not intermitently getting headrushes every 2-4 hours or whatever then feeling nothing. Feels more typically amphy.