• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Crowdfunding to produce free psilocybin for worldwide researche and other legal uses.

these people should get involved with MAPS. ES is new and lacks experience. simply giving out free drugs isn't sustainable. the legal distribution of drugs involves many expenses other than production. this includes extremely expensive legal cost and insurance against malpractice type lawsuits.

ES also lacks the research foundation of MAPS. i don't feel comfortable giving two young researchers without relevant clinical research experience money. MAPS has spent 30 years gaining the resources, people, and knowledge required in the legal distribution of psychedelics. if ES continues moving so quickly with this they'll fail and drain resources from the entire movement. i am optimistic because other countries are pursuing MDMA research. i also have optimism about ES's potential in the distant future. seeking 1 million dollars without experience is excessively zealous. MAPS openly supports and works with many organizations and ES should contact them. MAPS could coach them and help them avoid future challenges.

MAPS gets all of my donations until ES adopts realistic goals and pursues gaining experience working on other projects.

these people should get involved with MAPS. ES is new and lacks experience. simply giving out free drugs isn't sustainable. the legal distribution of drugs involves many expenses other than production. this includes extremely expensive legal cost and insurance against malpractice type lawsuits.

ES also lacks the research foundation of MAPS. i don't feel comfortable giving two young researchers without relevant clinical research experience money. MAPS has spent 30 years gaining the resources, people, and knowledge required in the legal distribution of psychedelics. if ES continues moving so quickly with this they'll fail and drain resources from the entire movement. i am optimistic because other countries are pursuing MDMA research. i also have optimism about ES's potential in the distant future. seeking 1 million dollars without experience is excessively zealous. MAPS openly supports and works with many organizations and ES should contact them. MAPS could coach them and help them avoid future challenges.

MAPS gets all of my donations until ES adopts realistic goals and pursues gaining experience working on other projects.

They already are licensed and have a contract with a pharmaceutical company. They need 300 000 USD to produce the MDMA, another 300 000 for the psilocybin, and the rest for advocating human rights. Norwegian narcotics law is such that whereever you live in the world, if your local laws allow you to use for any reason (medial, cultural, etc.) you will be elligible to order that pharmaceutical MDMA or psilocybin.

MAPS are still using the kg of MDMA Nichols made in the 80s. When it's depleted, EmmaSofia will be a godsend to them.

FAQ

Q. When can EmmaSofia deliver MDMA and psilocybin?

A. Within months after we have secured the funding.

Q. Where is my money going?

A. Your contribution will cover the estimated start-up cost and the first batch of MDMA and psilocybin for medicine, therapy and research, and will support EmmaSofia's work to legalize recreational use. We will continue to campaign as long as it takes!

Q. Can you explain the stretch goals?

A. The more we raise, the more you get!

If we reach:

Stage 1: $300,000 — we will produce psilocybin :)
Stage 2: $600,000 — we will produce MDMA as well :D
Stage 3: $1,000,000 — we will intensify EmmaSofia's work towards legal access to MDMA and psychedelics for everyone!

Q. Do I need to sign up for PayPal to donate?

A. No! Any standard credit or debit card can be used through the PayPal gateway. Simply select the choice for people who do not have a PayPal account and enter your credit card information as you normally would.

i am cautious about giving two people without relevant clinical experience and without any pharmaceutical business experience large sums of money. especially considering their goal of >$300,000 is irrational. also giving away drugs free is neither sustainable nor practical. i support their good intentions. i hope they refocus on practical and attainable goals. they should build credibility and trust from smaller projects.

MAPS are still using the kg of MDMA Nichols made in the 80s. When it's depleted, EmmaSofia will be a godsend to them.

that's false. MAPS has established all of the framework between now and the predicted FDA approval of MDMA in 2021 and beyond. they continue researching and confirming the clinical safety of MDMA. they have established and continue developing the process required in educating MDMA therapist. they have >30 years of experience proving the integrity of their business practices. these preparations also include the future sourcing of MDMA and the legal sustainable distribution of MDMA. any profit left over after the expenses of MDMA distribution funds future research.

MAPS said:
Press Release: MAPS Announces Formation of New Public Benefit Corporation to Conduct Research and Sell MDMA by Prescription

Category: MAPS in the Media
Published: 13 February 2015

Brad Burge, MAPS

Santa Cruz, Calif.—The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is proud to announce the formation of the MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MPBC), a new wholly owned subsidiary of MAPS. The special purpose of MPBC is to serve as a vehicle for conducting MAPS' research, and to balance social benefits with income from the legal prescription sale of MDMA, other psychedelics, and marijuana.

MPBC's primary work is completing Phase 2 studies of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and preparing for the Phase 3 clinical trials required to develop MDMA-assisted psychotherapy into an approved treatment for PTSD. MAPS will continue to conduct education and harm reduction projects, to raise funds for MPBC projects, and serve as parent organization and sole funder of MPBC.

MPBC is a key part of MAPS' strategy to become a sustainable non-profit organization. MAPS currently projects Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA) approval for the prescription use of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD in 2021. Once MDMA-assisted psychotherapy is approved, MPBC will manage prescription sales of MDMA, a taxable activity not possible with MAPS' 501(c)(3) designation. Research expenses incurred by MPBC will be used to reduce taxes on income received by MPBC from legal sales of MDMA. Income from prescription sales of MDMA will help fund further research and educational projects in accordance with MAPS' mission, reducing MAPS' reliance on donations over the long term.

The MPBC team is led by Amy Emerson (Executive Director/Director of Clinical Research), who has managed MAPS' clinical research programs since 2009. The majority of MAPS' clinical research staff has also joined the MPBC team. The MBPC Board of Directors is appointed by the MAPS Board of Directors, and currently includes Rick Doblin, Ph.D. (MAPS Founder and Executive Director), Allen Hopper (American Civil Liberties Union), and Matt Neal (Amgen).

A new website detailing MPBC's purpose, bylaws, and current projects is under development. If you have questions about MAPS and MPBC's work to develop psychedelics and marijuana into legal prescription treatments, contact [MAPS].

###

international support of psychedelic medicine is valuable. 30 years ago Rick and company were in the same situation as Teri and Pål-Ørjan. i think ES could learn a lot of things from MAPS. ES has unrealistic goals on this day. in the future they could make a positive difference.

Last edited: