• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

cross tolerance between LSD and tryptamines?

yeahnah

Greenlighter
despite looking at many different sites and searching for hours ive been able to find very little info about the subject, mostly just people talking about waiting time between LSD doses. i was wondering if there is any evidence anecdotal or otherwise about how much cross tolerance there is between LSD and 4 sub tryptamines, namely 4-HO-MiPT. i plan on taking LSD and then on the same day/night taking 4-HO-MiPT and was wondering how much extra (if any) i would have to take after ingesting the LSD.

Last edited:
Hard to say. I've combined 4homet/lsd/5meomipt on the same day with a few hours between and didn't notice diminished effects. Granted it were relatively low doses because i was at a club. I don't think you can expect a solo 4homipt trip,simply because you're already tripping on lsd and that is for sure going to color the experience.

Did you plan on riding the lsd out and after the comedown take the 4homipt? Because that is wasting a good tryptamine imo. But as long as you are still up from the acid I don't see why you shouldn't get an extra ride.
Granted,if your tolerance is near-to-baseline when taking the initial acid.

They're both 5HT2A agonists, so the cross-tolerance is going to be substantial. LSD is essentially a more rigid version of a tryptamine, with the diethylamide group acting as a sort of "barb" that keeps it stuck inside the receptor.

Can't tell you how rapidly tolerance grows during the trip though, sorry :(

would there be any substantial tolerance if i took the 4-HO-MiPT say an hour or 2 after the peak of the LSD trip? i guess what im asking is what would be the ideal time to dose the 4-HO-MiPT so that it doesn't just increase the effects of the LSD but also adds its own characteristics and isnt overwhelmed by the LSD? my original idea was to take it after i had comedown since it was my understanding people generally dont like mixing tryptamines with LSD, would it just be a waste of the 4-HO-MiPT at that point?