• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

crohn's and weed...

JustADudeYep

Bluelighter
So when I first signed up here that is what my first post was about. I got deathly ill from a rare blood disease 1 year ago and almost passed a few times, as I have no immune system to fight infections. Crohns is autoimmune so treatment is infusions to kill my immune system. Well, i wasnt too amped to get back on that treatment. Plus I was on TONS of IV antibiotics, so I couldnt treat my Crohn's since treatments would cancel each other out. Sooooo I studied weed and Crohn's a LOT while hospitalizd and they are having great success. Problem is it is not legal where I live and I want to know what Im getting, the strain, potentcy etc. Wont get that from Joe Shmo here.

Long story short...took me awhile but finally landed some to try tonight! Yes! It is an edible but oh well. It is a start. I am anxious to see how things go. Hoping it can help me kick some nasty meds! I had to share here because I cant tell my family or friends. Never been a smoker so this is new for me, so starting sloooow. I have lots of body pain right now and hope this helps. Im waiting for my ritalin to wear off a bit more though. BUT, experiment for Crohn's disease take 1!....for me.

Wasn't sure edibles would work as well so doing research and first site I come across and the info....ha. Sharing because I saw other Crohn's peeps on here.

http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/02/...bles-why-ingesting-cannabis-just-makes-sense/

Here is just the 2nd paragraph. Funny and cool.

"What conditions are edibles most recommended for?
Because most edibles (with the exception of alcohol tincture) are exposed to some kind of heat during the cooking process, many of the inactive cannabinoids such as THC-a and CBD-a, are converted to THC, CBD and CBN. The cooking process, as well as the high levels of THC found in edibles, work together to create the perfect treatment for many disorders, including chronic pain, muscle inflammation and spasms, autoimmune disorders, nervous system disorders, insomnia, and nausea (provided the patient is well enough to ingest the medication).
While anyone can enjoy the benefits of edibles, patients suffering from crohn’s disease, an autoimmune disorder of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract that affects as many as 700,000 Americans, find this method of medicating extremely beneficial. Because Crohn’s Disease occurs in the GI tract, edibles distribute useful active and inactive cannabinoids at the root of the problem, instead of having to rely on the bloodstream to carry them from the lungs."

Sheiiiiiiit. Do NOT do ritalin and weed even close at all to each other! What a disatster. I know one is an upper and other downer but figured ritalin was about done Working. Nope! I even read so e people say weed + ritalin was great, altho some said beware. Well, beware. Horrible headache and total physical uncomfort! Felt horrible. Weed finally about worn off thankfully. But my skin was on fire and it was crawly like. Lesson learned. One or the other.