• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

crohn's and weed...

JustADudeYep

Bluelighter
Ok, so my story is LONG but will try to be brief. Ive had severe crohn's since age 11. I am now 35. In 2014 I hospitalized numerous times with crazy rare blood infections. The kicker is Crohn's is an autoimmune disease so you get treated by wiping out your immune system. Now infections are treated with antibiotics, so both treatments at the same time would cancel each other out. I havent been abke to treat my Crohn's since May! I nearly died from these infections due to not having an immune system, so I am NOT eager to start up Remicade treatment again. QUESTION: I have researched the crap out of wedand Crohn's and there have been studies with great results. All my docs are cool with me trying it but I live in a non-legal state! Anyway, anybody have experiences to share about weed and Crohn's?? I know it would help with my appetite, nausea, pain, and even very good for inflammation. I am leery about trying non regulated stuff but not really a choice where I live. Any info??

Thanks!

It will help in very way you can imagine and more.

If you've suffered this long without cannabis you've done yourself, dare I say, a disservice. 50% of Crohn's patients use cannabis for a reason. The endocannabinoid system is incredibly important in autoimmune disorders, especially IBD.

Get oil if you can. Either "Rick Simpson Oil" for oral ingestion or BHO/CO2 oil for dabbing/smoking. Otherwise flowers are fine, you can smoke or make edibles if you'd prefer.

edit: Check out Project CBD for information. I assume you've also checked out the studies on PubMed. You can also look up a lady named Shona Bonda, or the documentary "Run From the Cure" (which is specifically about cancer, but RSO/FECO is just as potent medicine for IBD/autoimmune disorders).

cannabis isn't a cure
but it can do wonders with controlling symptoms of MANY MANY illnesses.
I myself am schizophrenic and i suffer from Akathisia from my antipsychotic drugs i take
weed cures my akathisia in minutes
thats just my personal example

Niiiiiice, Felonious! Great info, man. I have studied it a lot but didnt want to bore peeps with the talm of the cannabinoids and rest of details. I have read a few studies, including actually legit scientific studies that point to weed being beneficial for Crohn's. It should help me kick the high amount of narcotics I am on as well. I dont want to smoke it. Stuff tastes so nasty! I had edibles lined up to try and the girl backed out because her and my sister are coworkers and some b.s. Ticks me off. So now I want to try it out a little and go from there. If it becomes a long term thing then I want a vaporizer or something. The oil doesn't give you the high, relaxed feeling does it?? I'm in astate next to Colorado and am tempted to road trip it there and return with stuff that I know is regulated, the potentcy, strand etc. It's just a long ass drive to Denver! Ha. 10 hours. Anyway, all I hear is positive results. I am 35, 6'0" tall and 127 pounds. I was down to 110 lbs a few months ago...sick as SHIT! So I need to make a move soon.

You might consider moving to Colorado, if your job would allow it. Having constant access to medicine and people who have knowledge is incredibly helpful, it also made me more confident in your own treatment.

It definitely sounds like you need it and it would help though. I've only heard good things from Crohn's patients, and as CD is often just a manifestation of symptoms which cannabis is perfect for, you don't need much else (I take narcotics myself but MUCH less than I would without cannabis).

Anything with THC will get you "high." How much CBD is in it will moderate the euphoria from THC. If I was you I'd aim closer to 1:1 ratio to start if possible, that'll allow you to not get very stoned, plus you need the CBD for the inflammation. Then you can work yourself up to like a 1:4 or a 1:7 CBD:THC ratio, which will give you more pain relief. (or you can stay at 1:1, which provide you excellent benefits)

But I think you can see why constant access is important.. With the advent of potency testing for cannabis we've come a LONG way in the last 5 years when it comes to standardized medicine. If you so chose, you can be confident on the # of mgs of THC and CBD you're putting in your body (oral dosing, smoking/vaporizing is harder to measure, but you can still know the starting material). This helps you titrate your dose and be confident that you won't be overly impaired.

I agree with everhtning you typed above. Honestly, I would have moved a LONG time ago to some place but my health anchors me down in Omaha. I have been hoslitalized 24 times in the last 6 years alone, so I havent been able to work. And disability checks don't pay for shit! But I'd be screwed without govt insurance, so I cant bitch. I was working in a mental health care facility and was back in school for nursing at age 29, and BOOM, Crohn's came back with a huge a vengeance and Ive had problem after problem since. Anyway, Denver or Colorado Springs were 2 places I may have moved to when healthy, so I do like it there, but I am in such a bind financially and with my health right now. And my big concern if I tried stuff here is that people don't know the strand or potentcy etc. They probably get different stuff or whatever they can get to sell off. I do NOT want that at all. I need to know wtf is going into me, and I need details. Only a few damn states can offer that! UGH. Dumbass government.