Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Crohn’s Disease - MDMA

TinTins

Greenlighter
Hello,

New to the forum. Recently diagnosed with severe Crohn’s Disease.

I took my first ‘E’ in 1995. Found a nightclub that ‘changed my life’. Out until all hours dancing non-stop. I was 15 (my Dad died the year before - I’m pretty certain I wouldn’t have got away with it if he was still around).

I could (still can) actually dance as well. Never been good at many things but goalkeeping and dancing to house music, I was decent and could hold the dancefloor until the wee hours.

And I’ve continued to take ‘it’ regularly every year since. I’d probably make a decent case study. Took it solo on hundreds of occasions. Lock myself away, loads of tunes, switch off, relax. In fact, in recent years, that was my preference. I’d plan it meticulously so that partners and work were never impacted. I’ve even planned work trips where I’d be hotel based and get wrecked in the room on work time. Then turn up for a meeting or video call the next day.

All my friends from before that time that I still know now, all know me as the ‘raver’ of the group. If you asked me to estimate an amount of pills, it would be in the thousands. More latterly, MDMA powder.

I’ve smoked weed almost daily since the mid-90’s as well. I can drink like a fish. I have a ridiculous capacity for alcohol. Always last man standing. Skinning up as one last treat etc.

I’m a solid professional, always held down good jobs, had stable relationships mostly with non-drug taking companions. Fuck knows how. I feel like I’ve lead a double life.

Then, in January I started to experience crazy stomach pain. I’ve since been diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease (chronic, life-long misery) and suffered the worst 6 months of my life. The pain is indescribable. I’ve been on a liquid diet for over 4 months. Off work for 2. Luckily I have a supportive employer and an previously excellent attendance record.

I can’t be that much of an addict/alcoholic as I’ve stopped everything instantly. Though a bit of weed helps with the chronic pain.

90% ish of serotonin is created by the gut. I’ve been honest with my healthcare team and they have told me not to beat myself up and there is no way of knowing if my history caused this. Nobody knows what causes Crohn’s. Other people take drugs and lots of them and don’t end up with Crohn’s. I know though. Or I feel like I do.

Not even sure what I’m asking or looking for here. Clutching at straws whilst the next 25/30 years wobble about in front of me.

Anybody else on here suffer with Crohn’s or another IBD?

It’s tough getting diagnosed with a chronic medical condition with no known cause and no known cure…I definitely know about that. Your medical team is right, though…people have bombed their bodies with as much and more than you’ve done and been fine, others have never touched a drug and have seen their health collapse. It’s terrifying to think that something can come out of the blue and change your whole life for no known reason, without you doing anything to “deserve it” but that’s how it happens…it’s difficult for human psychology to grapple with that though, as accustomed we are to thinking in terms of simple cause and effect

Crohns disease is tough, I’ve had friends who’ve had that but it’s one of the ones I think they’ll actually find a cure (or at least a highly effective treatment) within our lifetimes. Stay strong brother, solidarity..

Hello,

New to the forum. Recently diagnosed with severe Crohn’s Disease.

I took my first ‘E’ in 1995. Found a nightclub that ‘changed my life’. Out until all hours dancing non-stop. I was 15 (my Dad died the year before - I’m pretty certain I wouldn’t have got away with it if he was still around).

I could (still can) actually dance as well. Never been good at many things but goalkeeping and dancing to house music, I was decent and could hold the dancefloor until the wee hours.

And I’ve continued to take ‘it’ regularly every year since. I’d probably make a decent case study. Took it solo on hundreds of occasions. Lock myself away, loads of tunes, switch off, relax. In fact, in recent years, that was my preference. I’d plan it meticulously so that partners and work were never impacted. I’ve even planned work trips where I’d be hotel based and get wrecked in the room on work time. Then turn up for a meeting or video call the next day.

All my friends from before that time that I still know now, all know me as the ‘raver’ of the group. If you asked me to estimate an amount of pills, it would be in the thousands. More latterly, MDMA powder.

I’ve smoked weed almost daily since the mid-90’s as well. I can drink like a fish. I have a ridiculous capacity for alcohol. Always last man standing. Skinning up as one last treat etc.

I’m a solid professional, always held down good jobs, had stable relationships mostly with non-drug taking companions. Fuck knows how. I feel like I’ve lead a double life.

Then, in January I started to experience crazy stomach pain. I’ve since been diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease (chronic, life-long misery) and suffered the worst 6 months of my life. The pain is indescribable. I’ve been on a liquid diet for over 4 months. Off work for 2. Luckily I have a supportive employer and an previously excellent attendance record.

I can’t be that much of an addict/alcoholic as I’ve stopped everything instantly. Though a bit of weed helps with the chronic pain.

90% ish of serotonin is created by the gut. I’ve been honest with my healthcare team and they have told me not to beat myself up and there is no way of knowing if my history caused this. Nobody knows what causes Crohn’s. Other people take drugs and lots of them and don’t end up with Crohn’s. I know though. Or I feel like I do.

Not even sure what I’m asking or looking for here. Clutching at straws whilst the next 25/30 years wobble about in front of me.

Anybody else on here suffer with Crohn’s or another IBD?
I have GERD and IBS, among other things. My triggers include most things that I like, and some (like coffee and chocolate) that I simply am not willing to live completely without. However, if I let myself have any of these (and they’re too numerous to avoid entirely unless I was willing to eat low FODMAP or go on the BRAT diet for the rest of my life, which isn’t even a consideration) then I’ll suffer. There’s no getting around that. So I do suffer on some occasions and then I’ll have to give myself a break and eat almost exclusively boiled potatoes and yogurt (can’t even have coffee yogurt, my favorite; has to be plain sugar free Greek yogurt, no flavorings.) I don’t think my drug use caused this; it’s more likely to have been my eating disorders, which caused me to starve and purge myself. But who knows? Maybe this would’ve happened anyway. I recently learned that my great-aunt also has IBS. And my middle child, who is 14 and has never done a drug in her life, was just diagnosed with GERD. So who’s to say that I did this to myself?

I just try to eat the things I like in moderation, and eliminate most (not all) of my triggers. And then if I do consume a trigger food, it’s best to not have too many different trigger foods in the same day (I can have either coffee OR wine, but not both in the same day.) Or, like I’m on vacation or celebrating a special event, I’ll just do as I want, knowing there will be repercussions. But generally, I just stick to the motto “everything in moderation, including moderation.”

It’s tough getting diagnosed with a chronic medical condition with no known cause and no known cure…I definitely know about that. Your medical team is right, though…people have bombed their bodies with as much and more than you’ve done and been fine, others have never touched a drug and have seen their health collapse. It’s terrifying to think that something can come out of the blue and change your whole life for no known reason, without you doing anything to “deserve it” but that’s how it happens…it’s difficult for human psychology to grapple with that though, as accustomed we are to thinking in terms of simple cause and effect

Crohns disease is tough, I’ve had friends who’ve had that but it’s one of the ones I think they’ll actually find a cure (or at least a highly effective treatment) within our lifetimes. Stay strong brother, solidarity..
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Appreciated.

I have GERD and IBS, among other things. My triggers include most things that I like, and some (like coffee and chocolate) that I simply am not willing to live completely without. However, if I let myself have any of these (and they’re too numerous to avoid entirely unless I was willing to eat low FODMAP or go on the BRAT diet for the rest of my life, which isn’t even a consideration) then I’ll suffer. There’s no getting around that. So I do suffer on some occasions and then I’ll have to give myself a break and eat almost exclusively boiled potatoes and yogurt (can’t even have coffee yogurt, my favorite; has to be plain sugar free Greek yogurt, no flavorings.) I don’t think my drug use caused this; it’s more likely to have been my eating disorders, which caused me to starve and purge myself. But who knows? Maybe this would’ve happened anyway. I recently learned that my great-aunt also has IBS. And my middle child, who is 14 and has never done a drug in her life, was just diagnosed with GERD. So who’s to say that I did this to myself?

I just try to eat the things I like in moderation, and eliminate most (not all) of my triggers. And then if I do consume a trigger food, it’s best to not have too many different trigger foods in the same day (I can have either coffee OR wine, but not both in the same day.) Or, like I’m on vacation or celebrating a special event, I’ll just do as I want, knowing there will be repercussions. But generally, I just stick to the motto “everything in moderation, including moderation.”
Again, thanks for replying and providing a bit of perspective on a bad day.

Oh man, sorry that you have to go through this. I know a guy with Chron's and he has to eat a very restricted diet. He also takes supplements to make up for what he's missing in food. Just make sure that you're getting all of your nutrition in one way or another.

Again, thanks for replying and providing a bit of perspective on a bad day.

You're in luck as your condition is quite treatable. Relief is a few weeks away. @xtcgrrrl advice will 80% work.

Would you be willing to ask your doctor about increasing your water intake?

You're in luck as your condition is quite treatable. Relief is a few weeks away. @xtcgrrrl advice will 80% work.

Would you be willing to ask your doctor about increasing your water intake?
I drink TONS of water as I also have POTS and I need to consume adequate amounts of both salt and water in order to not suffer the consequences of dysautonomia but thanks