Crime thread in EADD

Itsgoneundertheboa

Bluelighter
I'm totally lost as to why that thread was closed? Some guy comes on opens up a post about crime fantasy. He's put in his place. He admits to being silly, he admits to being lonely and needing help.

We welcome him in in BL tradition and involve him in BL banter. Did anyone think that maybe that is actually what that thread creation was about and just for a few hours this poor guy suffering and lonely finally connected to other people and felt a part of something?

That was my intention to continue the thread and change it into light hearted.

Or am I missing something? We can't talk about celebrities and how we feel about them? We can't discuss being kids with sexual needs and desires? What did we do wrong?

Then Consumer in another thread gets told to stop being repetitive, not for the first time tbh. But surely that's up to him to decide?

I'd of thought that crime thread shows very clearly the ethos and community of BL? All are welcome?

I even followed advice re social and posting and gave it a go! Let's face facts if this place had less forums it would need less Mods. Is that the thought process? Mods are tired and fed up with having to keep watch. If so come out and say it. We can all see it's a thankless task we would all be able to see such a case clearly.

Better to say why you close rather than some airy fairy better than thou closure notice? Come on give us the reason! Otherwise we will all put 2 + 2 = 5.

FYI someone might want to take a look at the pillreports site. Lots of sourcing posts but they run for weeks.

You just need to remember this is an open public forum - incriminating yourself is the last thing you want to do.

Back in my day (showing my age, who cares) we would've never had a 'waiting for the postman' thread, anything to do with receiving drugs, or what you had in your possession would've been taken away to protect you.

Remember, big bro is watching.

Hey

Thanks for coming and visiting social. Everyone is welcome to jump in anytime. The more you do the easier it gets just like anything. <3.

I have skimmed the thread you are talking about and its best you discuss this with EADD mods or they can come here and talk I guess.

Decisions are sometimes difficult and whats thought best for the forum they moderate is usually the call made but closed threads can be reopened if there is a case for it. Nothing is set in stone.

Except sourcing. Even ssucing and sorcery.

Hope you get the answers you need.

<3

It was closed because it was getting out of hand at the time. The op created a new thread here and is pretty much a continuation of the crime thread. Its less self incriminating.

I'm totally lost as to why that thread was closed? Some guy comes on opens up a post about crime fantasy. He's put in his place. He admits to being silly, he admits to being lonely and needing help.

We welcome him in in BL tradition and involve him in BL banter. Did anyone think that maybe that is actually what that thread creation was about and just for a few hours this poor guy suffering and lonely finally connected to other people and felt a part of something?

That was my intention to continue the thread and change it into light hearted.

Or am I missing something? We can't talk about celebrities and how we feel about them? We can't discuss being kids with sexual needs and desires? What did we do wrong?

Then Consumer in another thread gets told to stop being repetitive, not for the first time tbh. But surely that's up to him to decide?

I'd of thought that crime thread shows very clearly the ethos and community of BL? All are welcome?

I even followed advice re social and posting and gave it a go! Let's face facts if this place had less forums it would need less Mods. Is that the thought process? Mods are tired and fed up with having to keep watch. If so come out and say it. We can all see it's a thankless task we would all be able to see such a case clearly.

Better to say why you close rather than some airy fairy better than thou closure notice? Come on give us the reason! Otherwise we will all put 2 + 2 = 5.

FYI someone might want to take a look at the pillreports site. Lots of sourcing posts but they run for weeks.

I'm no mod, and generally have a very laid back attitude to bluelight; but I'll gladly admit to having reported the original post. Why?

Well the original post was dodgy as, and probably not the kind of thing that should really be associated with bluelight or anybody who posts on it, especially if something were to actually come of it. And I don't mean should not be associated with bluelight in the sense that it was some kind of personally disagreeable opinion or something... it was the admittance of the consideration of a very high profile crime.

Which is a brilliant way for the original poster to get profiled and/or raided, and definitely not the type of thing that should be posted publicly on an open forum. And I don't really believe that to be an unfounded or exaggerated supposition, especially in this age of mass surveillance and criminal profiling.

Just to clarify, the original poster detailed having an hour+ long conversation on the telephone about a highly criminal act including things which are pretty much as dodgy as it gets; and the op seemed more than anything a bit cheesed that his mate wanted to be the "getaway driver". It was downplayed as fantasy, but I'd be surprised if it was 100% just a pipe dream. Even going by the OP's version of events, then at the very least his mate was getting pretty interested in making it happen.

Either way, not the type of thing that should really be considered, let alone discussed on the telephone or posted on a public forum.

I don't really think this is evidence of some kind of over-zealous bluelight gestapo. It was a bit dodgy, and it disappeared. As Sadie says, the discussion continues elsewhere.

No offence to the OP or out, of course. But you might want to be a bit more careful about what you publicly post.

Last edited: