• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Creating a strain of cannabis with capped psychoactive effects

Munwa

Greenlighter
This is of great interest to me. A more in-depth idea of what I mean can be found here:http://www.reddit.com/r/Tobacco/comments/24slh7/would_you_smoke_these_cigarettes/ (I apologize if I'm not allowed to post this, I can take it down)
It will contain exceptional amounts of other cannabinoids, though should not make one tired but rather alert instead. THC is the issue. It is necessary as who doesn't love THC, but it cannot get one stoned, and needs to get to a certain extent and then stay there no matter how many more are smoked. Grogginess on comedown is of course unacceptable.
What are some ideas on how this might be created? Has it been done before?
Please, you know as well as I do that many impossible things have been done. Reasons as to why it will be difficult however are welcome. Nothing is out of the question if it may possibly work, as this is all purely theoretical.

The only starting point I have to is the idea of breeding various strains for select cannabinoids. A low THC high CBD etc strain is ideal, but that doesn't quite do it. If ten are smoked in a row, the person will get high. It also does nothing about the comedown nor the skunky smell when smoked.

Salutations Munwa,

THC is the issue. ... Has it been done before? The only starting point I have to is the idea of breeding various strains for select cannabinoids. A low THC high CBD etc strain is ideal, but that doesn't quite do it. If ten are smoked in a row, the person will get high. It also does nothing about the comedown nor the skunky smell when smoked.

All right, try to beat that one down if you can:

Or lets try this in pictures should that other format gain any more preference:

It's some simple chewing gum concept and each piece contains 10 mg of cannabidiol (CBD), extracted from hemp oil... No doubt that's only the first amongt many additional offers yet to come.

=D

There is a medicinal strain that was created, designed for low low low thc and high cbd. It's called "Charlottes web". Named after a sick child who saw remarkable improvements after her parents sought after cannabis to help her.

This is a theory I have always wanted to test, but have never had the chance to try as I haven't had a grow.

General consensus at places like rollitup, grasscity etc says that the longer the plant flowers for, the more CBD is produced from THC breaking down, as well as being made by the plant in greater ratios to THC at the very end when THC production slows down (CBD production carries on at a similar rate to what it did before).
Why not just flower for an extra week or two more than you usually would in an attempt to maximise CBD? Obviously starting with a high CBD indica would be a good idea, but this growing technique could have a big effect.

Also, there are probably curing methods going into detail about minimising THC conversion to CBD, switching some of the conditions should help more of the THC break down without damaging the CBD too much. A slow and cool cure would also ensure that most of the terpenes and other potentially high modulating volatile oils would be retained.

In my experience, the higher the THC percentage (around 30%) will be the most trippy haha