• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Crazy theory that psychadellics can revolutionize modern science.

nancy145

Bluelighter
Ok, so I was brainstorming last night about random uses for drugs and I think I formed a theory that psychadellics can revolutionize humanity. So over the years I've studied the world of psychedelia, and realized it's not entirely random. There's 2 reasons for everything you see: mindset and environment. Everything you see is essentially an encoded message. Psychadellics form thoughts in your mind at a rapid rate. Intelligent thoughts with actual meanings, but encoded in visual hallucinations that we can't consciously understand. I know some of them are intelligent and have actual meaning because you can see words high sometimes. Organized words with meaning. I've been staring at trees before while tripping a few times, and saw memes flying past my field of vision. They made sense, but I've never seen them sober before, proving psychadellics create meaningful thoughts in your head at a rapid rate. The problem is, these thoughts are all encoded in visual hallucinations. By studying the laws and physics of the world of psychedelia, we can decode these messages. Imagine if a brilliant scientist was tripping. He could revolutionize modern science in a heartbeat. All we have to do is decode the world of psychedelia. Does this make sense, or am I just crazy?
EDIT: I'm wondering if there's a place we could record our experiences and theories of the psychedelic world based on them? Erowid maybe? A link would be nice. If a mod reads this, could you start a megathread for it? I'm thinking we could just have this huge database.

Last edited:
I have noticed that for me personally psychedelic use is more focused on me as a being. For example, I think of life as a spark that occupies bodies and brains of everything around us because of LSD. I don't know about for scientific purposes, but I bet you even the brightest of scientists would learn quite a bit by embarking on a psychological journey such as what we've been through, even if it couldn't be knowledge for us, but knowledge for them.

Looks like you're crazy... and when all those so-called sober people are killing each other, buying useless crap and destroying the planet, I guess that's a compliment.

Just remember there's a whole 'sober' establishment out there so if a brilliant scientist started telling all the materialistic science all those PhD's have been studying is all bullshit, he would be massively boycotted to say the least.

De Broglie (a French physician who first said all particles are waves at the same time) used to say the biggest changes in scientifical consensus come with the death of the old, established scientists rather than by convincing them.

I think you'll like the ideas of Amit Goswami, a retired theoretical nuclear physicist and mystic with books such as "The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World". Btw he's got a dozen books on amazon but no english wikipedia page, remember what I said about boycott?

I wouldn't be surprised if several innovations that revolutionized science were the result of psychedelic drug use. There is definitely a solid record of famous inventors and scientists using drugs

pcr is one scientific discovery the discoverer credits lsd for publicly...he won a Nobel Prize for the invention

I'm not saying psychadellics are gonna change our established view of the universe, what I'm saying is that they would allow scientists to essentially work faster. They trip and brainstorm new ideas, then look at their work while sober and sort out what makes sense and what doesn't

It does not really work like that. Sure tripping can allow you to visualize concepts that you might have a hard time picturing but it is unlikely to lead to discovery. The one circumstance i can see it fitting is lets say we have not determined the structure of something but you are given its physical properties, how it reacts ect. You sit there going "square it has to be a square i dont get why its not why am i messing up on the 90 degree angles why does the math break down, arg i cant get out of this its a square thinking" Then you trip and realize a circle is a square that lacks 90 degree angles. Not a perfect example but that type of re-imagining is likely not so much the took L and "tripped and fell onto the cure for cancer"

Nancy145, I think you are on to something...I've been picking up encoded messages about 96 times a day recently, and it is because I am looking out for them after having my eyes opened by a series of synchronicities that are way beyond 'rational science' explanation, so basically science has to catch up to the phenomenology of the 'awakened'. I'm trying to remain humble, keep my eyes and ears open because there is just so much to catch and I don't want to miss a drop of this nectar flowing towards me. Trying to explain all of it with 'reductionist logic', conventional physics etc presents me with absurdly improbable probabilities, so I am forced into subscribing to the type of 'quantum wierdness' that my intuition has been informing me with and making me write/dream about for many years now...it is all very real if you believe it, and it sucks that western science is so rigid that it doesn't allow for the kind of mysticism that has been theorized for millennia but dismissed by the kind of science we have been developing in recent centuries...just because we haven't proven/decoded the holographic principle fully doesn't mean it isn't real. The current age is defined by two types of thinking- those who believe in 'magic' and those who will be skeptics to the grave. You can take a guess as to the camp I associate myself with.

Last edited: