• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cravings while on buprenophine ??

Opiatehell85

Bluelighter
Hi all,I'm in my third week on subutex for a opiate painkiller addiction, I'm doing really well in detox and sticking to it, sleeping well and no withdrawal. I'm on 10mg daily. Now the thing is my cravings for opiates are so severe! It's really getting me down, I think about getting high all the time, one last hit so to speak. I won't do it, but doesn't mean it doesn't bother me, anyone have suggestions on how to deal with the cravings? I think if the subs gave me a tiny high then I'd be ok as I wouldn't feel so sober all the time, but I get nothing from them, only once or twice in the beginning. I suppose this is a good thing as I want to stay on these a little time as possible, and getting a high from them would make them harder to say goodbye to, I don't even know how long these cravings will go on for, I'm hoping its soon. Thankyou in advance!

I can relate. There was a time in my first round of getting clean that i preached the sub bible. I loved them they took away the cravings gave me an abundance of energy so i would come to work and own the day all the time as the subs made me wired and happy. I eventually got down to 0.25mg every 36 hours and jumped with no issues.

Fast forward to about a year off subs and i relapse and i can also confirm it is way worse the second time around. Went from clean to snorting dope every 3rd day basically my day off and sunday. That lasted for maybe 2 weeks until i didnt have a lot of dope one sunday and was like fuck it i am taking a rig and doing this, so i did and never stopped. So my habit was roughly twice what it was before getting clean.

Anyway i tried going back to suboxone as i had done oh so well on it. I bought 5 8mg strips and was like great i should only need 2mg because whatever i can more if i want. I got to about 12mg before the cravings got so bad i attempted to inject heroin and was sitting there injecting myself until it was all gone and crying because i felt like shit and i really really thought it would work.

I went on methadone literally the following morning and it worked! It worked so well that i sit here roughly 14 months after intake after going up to 90mg i am at 6mg now and plan on leaving the clinic in 2 weeks. I couldnt have done it if i gave up or thought subs were the only option. For once i have what feels like a real life and i know what it is to know it will stay this way. I would not trade who i am now for $1,000,000,000 because i love myself and couldnt imagine being anyone else.

I am not trying to convince you to switch to methadone that is just my story. Whatever you choose to do please try your best, you are the one thing in this world you shouldnt give up on. You can do it just realize that you cant follow arbitrary time frames set forth by anyone including yourself. Your life is waiting for you to do this and believe me your worth it. Good luck to you!

Hey.

Thanks for your reply! Wow you have done amazing and should be so proud of yourself.

It sounds a bit crazy for me to go on methadone for a painkiller addiction. I mean 10mg of subs a day is crazy enough. But I will speak with clinic Monday and tell them my concern's. I really don't wanna relapse because of stupid cravings. I've come this far already.

This is my first time quitting. I did go CT for six days and couldn't handle anymore so checked myself into clinic to do a home detox. Was a real big step for me, I'm on anti depressants and take gabapentin every once in a while for a little mood lift when I'm really struggling. I never once thought cravings would be so hard.

I know if I do use then they won't work anyway, I've even tried getting the most out of my sub's by adding a drop of alcohol sublingually etc to increase the BA. Don't wanna snort or plug them as I think that's just going down a whole new road again. I hate being 'normal' with the exceptions of no drug seeking and waking up fresh and happy. It doesn't last long tho. My mood goes down as the day goes on. I'm only 30, got three adorable children and I'm doing this for them. I work as much as I can to try keep myself busy but as soon as I'm home I'm climbing the walls.

Thanks for your advice I will give it some thought. Although I'm 99 per cent sure I'll stay on the subs and keep trying. After all this is all my own damn fault.