• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Craigslist Weed??

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
So lately there are constantly people popping up with ads on craiglist with adds like "prop 215 indoor" and the works. Especially around where I live it seems at least. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knew the legality of that. Most every ad on there that I have seen say that they require you to be a current MMJ card holder, and some even as you to email you their info before they contact you. I haven't personally tried it, but it seems like it is another one of those grey areas- like so long as it is considered a "gift" and not a transaction, and not on the street, and a handful of other stipulations and your good. I have quite a few friends and people who have done it and said some were really good, others were a bit misleading.

So yeah. my main question is- how legal is this and is it covered under prop 215? I mean no one is shutting it down yet.

opinions? exerpoence? knowledge? please share!

I live in Oregon. I had my caregiver OMMP I personally posted on CL to sell weed as long as the customer had their OMMP card I would sell to them. It was legit but I'm also a legit person. I would be wary of who you deal with.

Each state is a little different, but most of Craigslist is a grey area when it comes to this stuff most of it is pretty sketchy.

For example, in Colorado we are allowed to "gift" up to one ounce of pot to anyone legally. People think this means they can say they are giving it away for a "donation", when in reality they are simply selling it. People do get into trouble for doing this.

You need a legal certification to sell marijuana (and I'm sure other states are the same), whether it's medicinal or legal. Assume everything else is in the grey area to be safe.

In California, if you and the person you're purchasing from both have a current physician's recommendation then it is legal. In order for it to be 100% above board they should technically have the legal collective paperwork and should verify your ID and recommendation (if not, then it is still "legal" under prop 215, as a patient-to-patient transfer, remunerating for costs, but it's a bit more grey)

I've known people who've done it and yeah, it works.

It's probably technically illegal but there's a difference sometimes between what's illegal and what's actually an actively prosecuted crime.

I also live in a legal state, though, and I'd only attempt it if the political/legal conditions were right, i.e. places where weed is at least quasi-legal.

Each state is a little different, but most of Craigslist is a grey area when it comes to this stuff most of it is pretty sketchy.

For example, in Colorado we are allowed to "gift" up to one ounce of pot to anyone legally. People think this means they can say they are giving it away for a "donation", when in reality they are simply selling it. People do get into trouble for doing this.

You need a legal certification to sell marijuana (and I'm sure other states are the same), whether it's medicinal or legal. Assume everything else is in the grey area to be safe.

I don't know about Colorado but in Oregon it is written into the law that you cannot accept "donations" or "gifts" or whatever in lieu of payment. I'm sure people still do it but it is against the law.

I don't know about Colorado but in Oregon it is written into the law that you cannot accept "donations" or "gifts" or whatever in lieu of payment. I'm sure people still do it but it is against the law.
It's the same here.

I was giving an example that is similar to the "SWIM" logic that people use on the internet.

We know what you are doing lol.

if you keep records of your costs(rent, electricity, nutes, etc) and you "gift" someone an ounce, if you have the figures all in order you can ask for the cost of growing said ounce. this is CO btw, and would be a total pain in the ass if youre not a licensed vendor

It's also been my experience that I can pick up a copy of the Westword any day of the year and find twice as many LEGAL licensed people selling pot for as much as half the price as these nobodies without a license on Craigslist. Craigslist weed usually does not weigh either.

I don't know if I'd trust it. Unless you know the person you never know who could be behind the post. In Virginia you can't send it to someone unless it's a doctor-patient thing.

I don't know if I'd trust it. Unless you know the person you never know who could be behind the post. In Virginia you can't send it to someone unless it's a doctor-patient thing.

In Virginia there's no such thing as medical marijuana at all. Any possession is illegal.

I think you guys are missing the point that this is California, which still has the most lax cannabis laws in the nation (until 1/1/2018), and this is still legal (and you can get the same/similar flowers to what you would at a dispensary).

This thread should probably be closed however as it's kind of become a legal discussion..

^ I hope Cali actually legalizes it next year.

Tolerated and legal are two very different things.

There's a few medical marijuana purposes here. People with epilepsy are authorized to use it but I'm not sure if it's medically prescribed to them or if it's just legal for them to possess it.

But yeah. Just make sure you can trust your sources.

^ It sounds like you have done your research, instead of trusting some random on Craiglist! Now that's harm reduction!

Shout out to Virginia's Bill 1235!

There's a few medical marijuana purposes here. People with epilepsy are authorized to use it but I'm not sure if it's medically prescribed to them or if it's just legal for them to possess it.

But yeah. Just make sure you can trust your sources.

I just looked up Bill 1235. It's actually just an affirmative defense, IF you have intractible epilepsy and have a letter from a doctor, PLUS have very specific medicine that's impossible to obtain in Virginia. In other words, nobody.

If you want MMJ in your state, call your representative--do something about it! When politicians are left to their own devices, they pass bs symbolic bills like this which don't actually help anyone, and only make real progress harder to obtain (because anyone "on the fence," who votes just to please constituents, can say, "oh we already have MMJ, we don't need this other bill")

I just looked up Bill 1235. It's actually just an affirmative defense, IF you have intractible epilepsy and have a letter from a doctor, PLUS have very specific medicine that's impossible to obtain in Virginia. In other words, nobody.

If you want MMJ in your state, call your representative--do something about it! When politicians are left to their own devices, they pass bs symbolic bills like this which don't actually help anyone, and only make real progress harder to obtain (because anyone "on the fence," who votes just to please constituents, can say, "oh we already have MMJ, we don't need this other bill")

Well, that's good to know the details of it. I hadn't looked into much other than few articles probably based off hearsay - I just wish marijuana would be legalized already, for at least medical purposes anyway. The more time that goes by, the more benefits we come to realize about it.
I want to get involved in the legalization process here.