• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Crack - What am I actually “cooking”?

Crack-Chick-9395

Greenlighter
I apologise if this has been discussed already (couldn’t find the exact questions I have answers) - I’m new here 👋.

so, I recently starting playing around with crack - regretting it heavily, however .. I “wash” my own.

I have good quality coke & I use ammonia. I started watching the local crack dealer “wash” stuff and ran with it from there.

I use a small glass jar, add my coke in rock form (not crushed) maybe say 1-2G to start to “test” .. into the jar thag has heated ammonia in it. I use 2-9% ammonia. Clear.
I put a small amount in the jar and sit the jar in a bowl of hot water - I don’t directly heat the ammonia.
Once fumes and steam Are obvious I drop the coke in, and start swirling. Sometimes it stays clearing, other times it appears milky. My coke starts “chasing” itself and goes chewing gum like most of the time - other times it just clicks together instantly.

I swirl round and rotate and then when I hear the clink, I rinse the jar under cool water to cool, drain the ammonia, put the “rock” in another jar and add cold water, swirl, rinse / repeat 3-5X then I take the rock, break it and do the same cold water swirl and by the end I usually have a solid white Little Rock nugget ready to be smoked.

My question is - is this crack or freebase? What could I change to get a better result?

Sometimes I notice that my rock comes out grainy on the outside? Other times completely smooth.

I apologise if this has been discussed already (couldn’t find the exact questions I have answers) - I’m new here 👋.

so, I recently starting playing around with crack - regretting it heavily, however .. I “wash” my own.

I have good quality coke & I use ammonia. I started watching the local crack dealer “wash” stuff and ran with it from there.

I use a small glass jar, add my coke in rock form (not crushed) maybe say 1-2G to start to “test” .. into the jar thag has heated ammonia in it. I use 2-9% ammonia. Clear.
I put a small amount in the jar and sit the jar in a bowl of hot water - I don’t directly heat the ammonia.
Once fumes and steam Are obvious I drop the coke in, and start swirling. Sometimes it stays clearing, other times it appears milky. My coke starts “chasing” itself and goes chewing gum like most of the time - other times it just clicks together instantly.

I swirl round and rotate and then when I hear the clink, I rinse the jar under cool water to cool, drain the ammonia, put the “rock” in another jar and add cold water, swirl, rinse / repeat 3-5X then I take the rock, break it and do the same cold water swirl and by the end I usually have a solid white Little Rock nugget ready to be smoked.

My question is - is this crack or freebase? What could I change to get a better result?

Sometimes I notice that my rock comes out grainy on the outside? Other times completely smooth.

First off welcome! Your technique is to be applauded as it’s rare to find someone who is going for the level of cleanliness I myself seek, especially when it comes to crack/freebase.

To answer your question, it’s technically freebase as crack is a slang term for freebase that’s impure cooked with sodium bicarbonate.

The only thing I see here that needs possible changing is the use of distilled water during the water cool down phase and washes. Always remember any impurities in anything you use will find their way into the product, this could be why you see variations in the end product.

On that same note, ensure the ammonia you use is just that.. water and ammonia. Some brands add emulsifiers that you want to watch out for..

Also maybe crush up the product during water washes for increased surface area.

Finally, I used to prefer hot water washes to cold. The freebase is so insoluble it won’t dissolve even in boiling water, but many other cuts and impurities will.

Otherwise once again top quality technique, 4-5 water washes ensures all levamisole and other crap is gone.

-GC

The only thing that comes to my mind is that you are actually not starting out with decent quality hcl, which is almost worldwide impossible to find these days and definitely never high quality when purchased in amounts of just one or a few gs, first when its pasty or dissolves its most likely heavily cut, also having a return after cleaning of just one small rock means the hcl was heavily cut, especially when performing the cleaning as well as you seem to do...

I start out with around 86% pure hcl, get a return out of 1.0 of around 0.9 and my base was last time tested at 96% purity...

I get one or more k's at once mostly from really pro sources and I always get free testers before I purchase...