• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Couple questions about a crazy hallucinogenic Molly trip

Jurtis

Greenlighter
So the other night I was out at a pub having some drinks and a friend messaged me asking to come to the club and said he had molly to offer. By the time I got there I was pretty tired since I was drinking all night so I asked for .4 of it so he handed me his baggy and i was in a drunk daze and took it. after taking it I gave him back his baggy and he started panicking and I guess I ended up taking .9-a whole gram(he was supposed to take the second half that I already thought he took). I immediately started panicking and ran outside of the club trying to throw up what I took because at this point it has been a month and a half since I've last rolled. as I began puking it started to hit me and I basically blacked out. I guess he ended up finding me on the streets and called me girlfriend to come pick me up and all I remember is everyone downtowns faces being extremed blurred and distorted and a really loud noise blasting in my ears. I ended up clueing into reality a bit later(Don't even remember my girlfriend picking me up) in my girlfriends car parked in a dark abyss with a bunch of black and white demented looking shadow people surrounding the car and kept looking at them all in shock/amazement as my girlfriend was scared shitless for me. I also kept seeing my dog outside of her car and she said i could barely speak right. We eventually made it to her room after waiting for me to calm down in her car for a few hours and she went to sleep as I laid down restlessly for the rest of the evening. all of this happened on the 22nd and I'm still feeling the comedown(really sad and emotional) especially when I remember what I've put my girlfriend through and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any sort of similar situation and how long the comedown will last.

CLIFFS
-accidentally took too much molly
-tripped the fuck out and hallucinated
-3 days later still feeling the comedown(Exhausted/emotional/sad)
-wondering how much longer this will last and if theres anything to help me recover quicker

I've been rolling for about a year now and after this experience I'm not going anywhere near it for quite some time.

Something I would look into taking to help you recover is something called 5-HTP, drugs like MDMA release a chemical called serotonin and when you take a lot your brain can run low on serotonin so taking 5-HTP which your brain makes serotonin out of can help you get back to normal. It can take a couple weeks to get back to normal but after a few nights good sleep you should be doing much better. Sleep is the main thing. Hangover + No sleep = Potato brain

I would try 50mg 5-HTP with a multivitamin (helps it absorb and is good for you too) in the morning for a couple weeks, if you feel it's causing you any anxiety or restlessness I would stop the 5-HTP though. But if you're a couple days into 50mg and you're doing fine you could bump it up to 100mg. Don't mix 5-HTP with SSRIs btw, it'll give you too much serotonin. I definitely would avoid alcohol for the next while, it can mess with your sleep which is essential for getting back on your feet.

A couple weeks down the road if you're still feeling a little off I would definitely do some cardio, I highly recommend 20-30 minutes, 3-4 times a week. Countless benefits for the brain. If you're still having problems sleeping a couple weeks out there are a lot of sleeping medications out there (don't take benzos though).

I wish you luck, feel free to PM if you ever have any questions, especially about sleep. Toodles

Last edited:
Something I would look into taking to help you recover is something called 5-HTP, drugs like MDMA release a chemical called serotonin and when you take a lot your brain can run low on serotonin so 5-HTP can help you start getting back to normal. It can take a couple weeks to get back to normal but after a few nights good sleep you should be doing much better. Hangover + No sleep = Potato brain

I would try 50mg 5-HTP with a multivitamin (helps it absorb and is good for you too) in the morning for a couple weeks, if you feel it's causing you any anxiety or restlessness I would stop the 5-HTP though. But if you're a couple days into 50mg and you're doing fine you could bump it up to 100mg. Don't mix 5-HTP with SSRIs btw, it'll give you too much serotonin. I definitely would avoid alcohol for the next while, it can mess with your sleep which is essential for getting back on your feet. A couple weeks down the road if you're still feeling a little off I would definitely do some cardio, I highly recommend 20-30 minutes, 3-4 times a week. Countless benefits for the brain.

I wish you luck, feel free to PM if you ever have any questions.

Thanks for the response! I've looked around online and I think I might start meditating every morning/night for 5 minutes. As of right now I currently go to the gym and do bodybuilding training which includes both hypertrophy weight training and cardio so hopefully that helps me recover and as for vitamins/supplements I only take fish oils and not really a multivitamin since it upsets my stomach. I'll definitely look into those 5-htp pills

That's awesome that you're thinking about meditation, I was thinking about suggesting it because it can be extremely beneficial after a.. "Strong experience", but most people turn their nose up at it...

Meditating on the breath will likely be the most beneficial. Focus your attention on your breath, how it feels throughout your body. Every single time a thought or image comes and the voice in your head starts talking, return your attention to your breath and stare into your eyelids :)

You should likely be fine on 5-HTP, every once in a while it will make someone anxious etc. but most people it will make a little sleepy. I also recommend extended release melatonin (normally your brain makes melatonin out of serotonin, your brain can hence have trouble making melatonin after MDMA). Melatonin is very good for you brain though. You don't need much, even 1mg.

If the money's not a problem you could take vitamin B6 to help absorb the 5-HTP better, I don't know how sensitive your stomache is tho. B12 is very good post-MDMA as well btw, they typically will give that in hospitals if someone has had too much MDMA.

Good to hear you're all over the exercise, it makes your brain make more serotonin brain cells :)