• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Couple opiate questions?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so i have a pretty high tolerance to opiates after 3 years abuse. My main opiate is oxy, but i never try to do no more then 100 mg a day. Ok so today I've done 25 mg of hydrocodone and 30 mg oxycodone, the hydro around 3 pm and just did the oxy around 11 pm. I feel fine, just the normal nice feeling of opiates. Is this a safe mix? Another question i have is if ive done oxy for years how long does it stay in my urine, if i quit and drink plenty of water? I have a drug test tuesday and its about to be friday, should it be gone by tuesday, 5 days? Thanks so much

Sorry bud, there's no drug testing questions allowed on BL, but I noticed a new sticky thread in OD where a couple mods were kind enough to compile drug test info of all kinds to avoid people like me writing this sentence.

To address your first point, hydrocodone is pretty weak (I'd say out of the common opioids, it is the second weakest after codeine or tramadol, if we want to count that as a opioid). Therefore, your dose of 25mg hydro + 30mg oxy is actually less effective than 100mg oxy. Much less. So, safe.

The only unsafe factor here is that hydro is usually compounded with APAP (paracetamol), a substance which can be harmful to your liver if taken in large amounts and over long periods of time. For instance, if your vikes were the 5/325 kind, getting to 25mg would mean you'd be ingesting over 1.6 grams of APAP. I think the recommended ceiling/day for APAP is 2-3 grams, but it's always better safe than sorry.

Stick to oxy.

Last edited:
OP, consult one of the internet's many Opioid conversion charts/calculators. I just did to get you your answer more promptly. 25mg of Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco, Lortab) is equal to approximately 17mg of Oxycodone. So, if we're to add 17mg and 30mg we'd get 47mg, which is far below your daily maximum. In most cases an Opioid is an Opioid and they are all fairly cross-tolerant, there are exceptions, but, when you consult an Opioid conversion chart/calculator you can just convert all of your combined use into one easy to interpret number i.e. you're familiar with Oxycodone and your tolerance for that drug, so you convert all other Opioids your using into that substance.

Alright sorry, i forget there is so many rules here. Im very knowledgeable about the apap and its consequences, my spine is fractured in 3 spots, so i have lortab 10-325 3 x a day, but they do not even touch my pain. But with the new laws i cant get anything stronger, unfortunately i cant even get of bed without any medicine, that pain is unreal.