The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Couple of questions on switching to 'done Tennessee

geraggh34

Bluelighter
Hey BLers I live in Murfreesboro Tennessee and have been an opioid addict for almost 4 years. I am 20 years old and progressed from oxycodone to oxymorphone to IV oxymorphone hydro morphine and heroin. For the past 8 months I've been buying bupe off the street occasionally using D oxymorphone heroin and cocaine IV. I am also dependent on benzos. I have been holding down a job and saving to move to the Nashville or Knoxville area to switch to methadone and get out of this shithole town as there isn't a clinic here and I want to get off the needle.

Does anyone here have any experience with clinics in Tennessee? I use benzos for anxiety and rarely abuse them I buy a script of 90kpins a month from a close friend and use them as rxed unless I'm binging on IV coke and then I buy xanax off the street if I run out early.

Will I have to get off benzos to get on a methadone clinic and are there usually waiting lists to get in? I can't afford to legally be on bupe because I do not have insurance?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

I knew someone who was on alprazolam and was taking methadone; each clinic will have different rules. This person I knew had to sign a waiver basically saying if he died as a result of methadone and benzos, it wasn't the clinic's fault.

yo.

i live in knoxville. did the methadone thing in WI before moving down here (heroin addiction). my girl went to DRD or whatever here in knoxville. i thought my clinic was bad (drugdealers with a license and holier-than-thou attitude) but her's was way worse. unfortunately they are the only option, running but clinic in town.

i suggest using the "thomas recipe" [sic]. we have both used it to kick since after relapsing for a month of IV use (blues, dillies, fent, H, anything we could find) and the thomas recipe was the best thing that ever happened to us. the vitamins (especially b6) is super important. geritol has the best spectrum. the loperamide is the most important. i would take about 6 a day for a week than about 4 halves for 2 days and then maybe a half every morning for 3 days. i didnt use benzos but diphenhydramine to sleep.

good luck!

I just got off methadone. In my opinion short acting opiates like heroin/morphine/oxycodone are easier to get off, especially if you can get a bit of bupe. I was on methadone for about a year this time, 2 years last time, and i can tell you its no fun (they call it liquid handcuffs for a reason). You will be slowly brought up to a dose until "you feel right" and then the only way to get off - according to clinics and doctors is to slow taper off....I did the opposite; i swapped back to morphine/oxys until the methadone was out of my system then used bupe for 2 days only followed by a week of benzo sedation in my own apartment...

But if you need it I guess go for it.... Let me know if you want any info on how to get clean without the methadone.

And you can be on alprazolam too if you can prove you need it - just tell them you have severe panic attacks about the world ending, agoraphobia etc. Some doctors used to refuse to prescribe me both but would bend the rules if i went to a different doctor for the other drug 8)

My Clinic in kentucky made me get off my klonopins and turn the rest of my pills in. They called the doctir i was getting my klonopin from and told him i was starting methadone.

So u have been on suboxone for last 8 months? Is this every day? If your on the needle how do you deal with naloxone in the bupe? Sorry your post makes no sense to me. good luck to ya

^The original post is from months ago. I didn't interpret him/her as saying they used their Suboxone IV. But there are plenty of people on this site who do. The buprenorphine is basically more "attracted" to opiate receptors than naloxone is, so the small amount of naloxone in Suboxone doesn't block the buprenorphine. This should not encourage anyone to inject Suboxone, it's an unwise and unsafe idea for a number of reasons. But just explaining that what we're told by doctors/pharmaceutical companies/clinics about the naloxone causing precipitated withdrawals if you inject Suboxone is actually false.

^The original post is from months ago. I didn't interpret him/her as saying they used their Suboxone IV. But there are plenty of people on this site who do. The buprenorphine is basically more "attracted" to opiate receptors than naloxone is, so the small amount of naloxone in Suboxone doesn't block the buprenorphine. This should not encourage anyone to inject Suboxone, it's an unwise and unsafe idea for a number of reasons. But just explaining that what we're told by doctors/pharmaceutical companies/clinics about the naloxone causing precipitated withdrawals if you inject Suboxone is actually false.

I've never IV'ed subs, but I have experienced PW from taking it orally/nasally. Many people say it's just a myth alltogether, but as far as I'm concerned it's not at all. Maybe not more so via IV rather than orally/nasally (I have always done both at the same time so I can't say it is one over the other) but I can't see why it wouldn't happen IV if it does from other methods

I've never IV'ed subs, but I have experienced PW from taking it orally/nasally. Many people say it's just a myth alltogether, but as far as I'm concerned it's not at all. Maybe not more so via IV rather than orally/nasally (I have always done both at the same time so I can't say it is one over the other) but I can't see why it wouldn't happen IV if it does from other methods

I meant you don't get precipitated withdrawals if you aren't currently physically dependent on any other opioid. If you take it too soon after taking other opioids and are physically dependent on opioids you can definitely get precipitated withdrawals from taking buprenorphine by any route, which has nothing to do with the naloxone and is caused by the buprenorphine itself (it happens with Subutex too), since the bupe is a partial antagonist.

Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you were one of those claiming that PWs are a myth. Nevermind :\