• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Counterfeit Xanax killed my friend

GEMINITHEKID

Greenlighter
Been struggling a couple days, I lurk here a lot looking for harm reduction advice as I seldom use amps. But this one caught me off guard, my friend liked doing bars and we always warned him about pressed pills, he was younger than me and naive but he was like a brother. This is my first post and I hate that it has to be this, I live in a small town and supposedly the pills come out of Dallas. He didn't practice harm reduction and neither did a lot of people around him, he liked to drink with benzos which is very dangerous itself, but these were pressed with fent, the first time I've seen the effects in person. I shot myself in the head a year or so ago and luckily the bullet bounced off my teeth and jaw and I survived without permanent damage and minimal scarring, but while I was in the hospital I was on fent, and it's heavy shit. I want to be angry, I want to blame someone, I want to know why, but he is dead and I guess now the best I can do is make sure that it doesn't happen again. Sadly nobody will be held accountable in our small town. I'm a libertarian so what people do is there buissness, but whoever it is making these fake pills are killing people and deserve whatever they get.

Feel free to move this if not on topic

Tldr check your pills, practice harm reduction and be safe because anyone can die and I don't want to lose another friend.

I know I wrote a huge wall of text but I am using amps today for the first time in a few months, I've felt like my weekend was dragging and had a lot to do. Not depressed though, haven't been depressed since I tried to take my own life, my outlook completely changed and I got my life together afterwards, not homeless anymore and happily married. Just looking for answers I know I probably won't get. It's hard losing someone so senselessly.

Been struggling a couple days, I lurk here a lot looking for harm reduction advice as I seldom use amps. But this one caught me off guard, my friend liked doing bars and we always warned him about pressed pills, he was younger than me and naive but he was like a brother. This is my first post and I hate that it has to be this, I live in a small town and supposedly the pills come out of Dallas. He didn't practice harm reduction and neither did a lot of people around him, he liked to drink with benzos which is very dangerous itself, but these were pressed with fent, the first time I've seen the effects in person. I shot myself in the head a year or so ago and luckily the bullet bounced off my teeth and jaw and I survived without permanent damage and minimal scarring, but while I was in the hospital I was on fent, and it's heavy shit. I want to be angry, I want to blame someone, I want to know why, but he is dead and I guess now the best I can do is make sure that it doesn't happen again. Sadly nobody will be held accountable in our small town. I'm a libertarian so what people do is there buissness, but whoever it is making these fake pills are killing people and deserve whatever they get.

Tldr check your pills, practice harm reduction and be safe because anyone can die and I don't want to lose another friend.

Hey welcome to BL

I'm really sorry about your friend 😞

Abbey xx

Wow man I am so sad to hear you lost your friend. It is so unfair and unnecessary, the definition of tragedy. I hope you're doing okay, especially after the amps wear off. Make sure you keep talking to people about how you feel ❤

I'm also really, really glad you didn't die. You definitely weren't meant to go huh :)

Wow man I am so sad to hear you lost your friend. It is so unfair and unnecessary, the definition of tragedy. I hope you're doing okay, especially after the amps wear off. Make sure you keep talking to people about how you feel ❤

I'm also really, really glad you didn't die. You definitely weren't meant to go huh :)
Definitely wasn't meant to go, and I'm still pretty too lol. It was a 9mm full metal jacket so went right through soft tissue. I was in a bad place and felt there was no way out, I'm glad I lived and sorted my life as I'm happy as can be now and rarely use any substance even pot. I know I still have a lot of friends who use benzos and opiates and I think maybe it's high time someone in our community starts some kind of education program. If you are gonna use, do it responsibly. And I'm sure I'll be fine on the comedown lol my wife takes good care of us whenever we decide to use anything, but no benzos for me not after what happened.

Brace yourself as it will be happening more and more. Nature of greed and need.
Sorry this happened.
Hope some peace finds you in all this it escapes the fuck outta me for decades.
<3

OP, I hate having to say this, but this is an everyday occurence. Hundreds probably died just today by taking a counterfeit Xanax pill, maybe thousands if we take the entire glob into account. That same batch of pills probably killed several other people separated by your loved one by mabye a single degree of separation, but deaths you will probbaly never hear about.

I am so sorry for your friend, Gemini. So sad.

I think fent dealers shouldn't be seen as criminal drug traffickers but as legit terrorist,
I would support wathever measure against them, just Duterte style ( don't get me wrong, I think Duterte is a mad bastard, but fentanyl dealers deserve him)

So good you have found your way out of the darkness of depression.

My condolences man. Must be horrible to lose a mate like that.