• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Could use some opinions/advice (warning - essay!)

Kbella

Greenlighter
new here...but have been viewing for awhile, and felt this the best place to seek opinions/advice....need some help!

Not sure how to make this short and sweet except to start from the beginning - (ha! Here's hoping...) smoked occasionally in highschool, college, postgrad, and after - always with close friends - sporadically. Can't say it ever really "did much" for me, either I felt nothing at all or just a bit tired. No matter how much, how I consumed it, or what it was, I was just the annoying person, sitting there wondering why everyone else was high and I wasn't. Don't know if this matters, but I am clinically proven resistant to nearly all pain medications and sedatives. (Boo! a real bitch when I needed a c-section to have my kid..:)

But anyway. Here I am, all grown up, and unable to sleep. My good friend just came in to town to visit, she is an avid smoker and has been for a couple decades now. She suggested I try some weed to get to sleep and that sounded fine to me. We met her friend, we smoked half the night with him (I still felt nothing - while everyone else seemed just fine) and I bought a decent amount. Ive wondered if it's just the mindset I'm in with other people that makes me "not feel it" and thought it might be different if I just chilled and smoked on my own.

I have a pipe; just a little one hitter but it's good quality and technically works fine. I keep it clean, use new weed everytime (probably wasting it) and was hoping for the best. But damn, I have to be doing something wrong! Every. Time. I smoke I feel nothing at all. I've tried smoking more at once and then I'm just paranoid and twitchy, but still not feeling much body wise. Yuck.

Help! I've concluded i am the worst smoker of all time. Eh have I just not found the right type? I really believe it can be extremely helpful and I've seen the benefits to others first hand, but I'm a newbie at all this. Any help would be great! Thanks if you're still reading ;-)

It could be as you mentioned the set and setting. I get the strongest highs smoking alone at home.When smoking with friends however, talking with them distracts me from the high. Also when I first started all I felt was extreme fatigue but that soon went away with common use. Do something that you would enjoy doing while sober eg. listen to music, eat food etc. Also edibles may work better for you but use with caution. Smoking when really tired makes it a little more sloppy for me although sleep is amazing. If that fails it could be a quality issue or just not the right strain for you. Body weight plays a factor in the dosage also. Smoking when already in a good mood tends to amplify it. Just keep persisting, itll come around.

You could have a naturally high tolerance. One of my friends has an unusually high natural tolerance, to the point where she would never get high but the rest of us did, until I rolled her a joint with some dank and some brown hash. Then she finally got to experience what being high was about. Maybe you need some stronger stuff like hash, but be careful and go slow because you don't want to end up getting too high.

Hi Kbella. Very interesting post, and I'm wondering whether you would better cooking, rather than smoking. Olive oil infused, can be good, as I have used it for chronic pain relief, as smoking can often make me paranoid. Not sure what you think, but thought I would ask? Cheers, Lennon:)