• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Could ultra low-dose naltrexone permanently change the effects of opiates?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Or have I just been getting crappy dope... for like... three months?

I was originally writing this post to ask if anyone else had noticed dope lately just makes them fall asleep, rather than nod out. Butthen I realized that I've been getting this effect from pretty much all opioids lately, whether it's Suboxone, hydromorphs, morphine, or even kratom, as well as my regular fentadope. I'll take enough to produce what would normally be a fuzzy, warm, euphoric buzz, at which point I'll just fall asleep.

I realized that this started happening around the time I first began experimenting with ultra low-dose naltrexone back in May/June... dunno if the two are linked at all. I barely used any naltrexone at all so I'd be surprised if that was a factor but I thought I'd mention it.

Drugs tend not to have permanent effects but they can rewire your consciousness, to make you think to feel things differently etc. I heavily doubt that ULN has a permanent effect based on what we know about it. But I won't plainly discard it, there's certainly a possibility for not permanent but long lasting changes.

Just falling asleep is what I associate with fent. Never did real fent, I had the luck to get real pharm opioids for years and some RCs, only fent was butyr-xy-fent which wasn't too nice but not too bad either - but as said, not real fent. Tolerance does some weird things, sometimes completely changing the appearance of substances. ULN primarily targets excitatory opioid receptors which as far as I understand it are also primary mediators of the pleasurant opioid effects,

What's point of natraxon at low dose?
Naltrexone (and naloxone) are some wicked molecules. They aren't plain antagonists as the docs sell them to you but inverse agonists and this can be exploited to lower tolerance by using ultra low amounts. Including tolerance to endogenous opioids maybe which might explain the success against some strange disorders. Just google it.

I'm googling it now thank you. I've taken pain meds sense I was 19 I'm 37 lowering my tolerance could change my life right now. I mean my life's fine I guess but i remember when a single Norco meant more to me. But anyways. Thanks again!

I'm googling it now thank you. I've taken pain meds sense I was 19 I'm 37 lowering my tolerance could change my life right now. I mean my life's fine I guess but i remember when a single Norco meant more to me. But anyways. Thanks again!
Did you ever do dissociatives? They have an interesting connection to opioids/pain receptors and can indeed change lives. When done right.

ULDN is pretty good for tolerance reduction, I'd say it works better as a preventative though. Same with NMDA antagonists. I haven't had that much luck with either lately though, or at least it's been hard to tell because I don't get any of the pleasurable effects from opioids anymore since I just fall asleep.

If you're able to take a tolerance break and get somewhat closer to baseline you can theoretically use naltrexone indefinitely to keep your tolerance low. The only drawback is you have to sacrifice the blissful bedtime nodding out to sleep.

I've heard of people doing it, though. They take their regular dose throughout the day, then at nighttime they use enough naltrexone to bump all the opioid agonists off their receptors and replace them with naltrexone, the antagonist. Not only does this inhibit the downregulation that would otherwise take place throughout the night but it switches it to upregulation and by morning, the receptor sites are effectively at complete baseline.

As long as you keep your usage regulated - and why wouldn't you, if your tolerance remained at baseline - then you can keep using without developing a physical dependence.
Just falling asleep is what I associate with fent.
Just out of curiosity how come you'd associate falling asleep with fent if you haven't done it? I'd be feeling pretty upset (well, I am pretty upset, hence the post, lol) if my opiates were just putting me to sleep instead of nodding me out. Although to be honest, now that you mention it I do recall making a post sometime back about how I was disappointed with some of the fentadope for the same reason - it was making me fall asleep.

But as far as I remember that's the exception, not the rule. Opiates aren't sleeping pills, they shouldn't just make you fall asleep, and the fact that it's happening to me with any opiate now is really weirding me out.

I think so.

I have wanted it just to potentiate Kratom for some while now, but I didn't read most of this thread.

Still, it works wonders for opioid tolerance, and not only that but supposedly has many health benefits on its own and can help with many conditions by itself.

Last edited:
Did you ever do dissociatives? They have an interesting connection to opioids/pain receptors and can indeed change lives. When done right.
Which dissociatives do you like?

I wish I had access to Ketamine and I can't take DXM cause I'm on Lexapro. I love nitrous but of course it wears off so quickly.