• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Could this be an abscess?

Suboxombie

Bluelighter
I'm a little nervous with what's going on with my arm. I ived 4 mg of bupe like 18 hours ago (I know) in the vein on the side of my hand. Kind of hard to explain where. It's like the vey very side, on the side with the pinky. It burned going in which sometimes happens and I attribute to damaged veins from injecting things that shouldn't be injected. It did NOT burn at the injection site, but I could feel it burning it's way up the vein.

A few hours later, it was sore and maybe a little swollen, but not at the injection site. And today it is sore, warm, red, and maybe a little swollen. The area is like a half dollar size of warm and soreness, like 6 inches up my arm from where I shot in my hand. There's no obvious bump or swelling but it might be very slightly swelled, I can't tell for sure. But the spot does feel a little hard and like I said warm, sore and a little red.

Is it possible to get an abscess furthe up the vein than the injection? I thought maybe hitting a nerve could cause it to be sore but would that cause redness and warmth the next day? The symptoms make me think abscess or some kind of infection but is that possible?
What could this be? I've never had this happen before. I've even had things burn as they travel up the vein but a minute later it would feel fine. Does anyone know what it is

What does that even mean? What does where on the body have anything to do with it? Try posting something helpful.

Warmth usually signifies infection. I'd consider medical attention.

sounds like an abscess to me, put a hot compress on it every 4-6h, if it doesn't go away in a day or two seek medical attention

How does an abscess form not at the injection site though? I never heard of that once. It is a bit better today. Also after feeling around it, it seems like the vein itself is what is sore, not so much around it. The vein also feels kind of hard and larger