• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could the peak of Soma last for only 20-30 minutes with an incredibly intense onset?

whitegreen

Bluelighter
Hey bluelight

So a friend to a friend to a cousin got hold of 10x 350mg Carisoprodol (Somadril) and took 1 (350mg yesterday, just to try the waters. Didn't feel much except for a bit of a 'speedy' feeling. Then today the person took 2 (700mg) while lying in bed and felt some nice feelings of muscle relaxation while drifting in and out of sleep then it faded away rather quickly. 7 hours later the person took 3 (1050mg) together with a sandwich, normally the person likes to take stuff on an empty stomach for quicker onset but after some research person came to the conclusion that food together with Soma is to be recommended. After 10 minutes the person started to feel something and at the 17 minute mark the onset was so intense that everything was spinning, motor functions and speech was very impaired but at the 25-30 minute mark this had faded away to more of a "peak", which was rather smooth. Apparently it felt like having taken a recreational amount of benzodiazepines, almost exactly like that.

Then at maybe 40 minutes in this faded away quickly, very quickly indeed and the person is now, 1h35m after dosing getting back to baseline. Which leaves the 'peak' to about 20-30 minutes.

TL;DR
Quick and too intense onset TOGETHER with food and 'peak' fading after 20-30 minutes.

Has anyone experienced this with Soma? The person hade zero tolerance to other possible cross-substances prior to this. This is the persons first time testing Soma and was very amazed but at the same time let down due to the short duration.

I wish you all a great weekend, be responsible and use your drugs in moderation!

UPDATE: So after some research this brand of Soma isn't used anymore in the country they're supposedly from (the person got them in blister with a Danish company name). Also the pills look exactly like those from another country which was taken off the market 9 years ago.
Could the pills be old so that there are still some of the active substance left (in this case; carisoprodol) but with a much, much lower duration of action?

Last edited:
Soma has been my DOC lately and I personally have gotten more out of it after eating a light dinner, poorer results on a full stomach. The onset and fading I experience are similar to what you described, peak about 30-45 min, mostly over after 2 h. I'm fairly sure all brands of Soma are a garden variety instant-release tablet, the onset and duration wouldn't change much. There's been endless debates on forums about which brand is the strongest (US vs Indian, etc). Unless the manufacturer is cutting the pills there shouldn't be that much of a difference.

As far as the age of the pills, the exp date on the blister packed Soma I got a few months ago was 3 years. It isn't really going to "go bad" over time. There are certain drugs which don't absorb as well if they have been sitting around too long, but I wouldn't expect carisoprodol to be one of them.

After doing some more research I'm a hundred percent certain that this particular brand was also taken off the market at least 9 years ago. And he didn't notice it at first but the top part of the blister where the expiration date normally is had been cut off. So chances are these pills are old as hell. 9 years is a long time so the substance has probably been changed somewhat which would explain the early and intense onset and short peak with quick comedown.

Damn, it's like he only got a tease of what this substance could be like and it only left him wanting more (or at least some pills that hasn't expired). But it's not an easy drug to find where he lives so chances are it could be several years until next time.

Thanks for your input Pill_head, take care!