• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Could someone explain about these hash, dabs and other weed roa/types

BJCS333

Bluelighter
Ive smoked for like 3 yrs now but ive only heard of these dabs etc but i was wondering if someone could explain them to me and where i will go about getting some for the first time or give me a site with some detailed info would be much appreciated all the concentrates except that synthetic stuff i have no interest in that

you could make them yourself but as far as sourcing I think that is against the rules. A store if you live in a medical or recreational state. Otherwise might be better to ask a friend in person.

It's basically a pure extract of THC, usually using butane, which is then cooked/purged until it's as pure as possible. Consistency can range from waxy and soft to pine sap that shatters when you freeze it. Due to this, it is most times smoked by heating up a glass or metal surface with a torch and then placing a dab on the surface.

Yeah man its the latest/newest thing in the weed world! Shatters, waxes (same process as shatter just the end result isn't hard due to the oils thus results in a hardy wax) and oils are the newest products! Getting them is usually achieved via dispensaries or just ask friends who've gotten hash or oil for you in the past as there are more and more people making it as you've yourself noticed.

How to smoke them is an entirely new thing as well! I have had the occasion to smoke shatter on one occasion and wax on 5 occasions. Each time I used a crystal meth pipe (rose pipe), this although not the best method, works VERY well and comes extremely handy to see the level of impurities in your product. Pure product is supposed to evaporate right away as you move the meth pipe from one side to the other, by the time you exhale and have cleaned the pipe where the lighter flame was with a paper towel you can see through the glass. If the product you are smoking is very impure, after only a few hits your entire pipe will be covered by a black spot attached on surface of the glass than cannot be scrapped off - this is indicative of the impurities; the more dark spots it leaves behind the more impure the product was. Even if you have the proper gear I would suggest smoking no more than 4-5 hits using this method just to see much impurities there are in your 100% THC advertised products.

Onto smoking this stuff, much like buds require bongs and pipes this requires what is referred to as Dab Rigs and Oil Rigs.

They are composed of a nail made from titanium or quartz, along with a wand aka dabber/nail that is used to handle the little amounts of concentrate you need for a hit and of course a torch. The oil rig to my understanding is what you put your lips around to inhale bur I could easily be wrong. Mind you I have never smoked from this method although may invest in a device as the extracts are growing on me and honestly the way your smoking everything is through this method. Conservation wise you can use a gram of shatter in 5-6 days or if smoked properly up to 12-14 days, or longer :)

Below is a picture of a dab rig and its components:
https://dailydabs420.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/down-to-business.jpg

How do you smoke it?

1st you take your torch and pre heat the place/bowl where the dab is to be placed. 2nd once you place your dab using the wand, you will want to cover it with the nail in order for the smoke not to escape and thus utilize 100% of the concentrate. To be 100% honest I just deleted about 3-4 sentences that I realized when reading back that made no sense, so I looked for you and found you the perfect video.

Below is the link to a 2min excellent and explanative video brought to you by the professionals at High Times who demonstrate perfectly how to smoke using a dab rig and certainly much better than I could have ever explained:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ulvmBH4jQ

The link below features many of the latest dab rigs ranging in price from $60-$600 and even more.
http://www.badassglass.com/oil-rig-water-pipes.html

There are also homemade versions of dabs that work well, like I said I use a meth pipe and it worked wonderful though I'm sure it wasn't the most effective, though very effective for seeing how much impurities it has.

p.s. Like you said, it is the newest thing so just search because the internet is full of this information. You don't necessarily need to seek out cannabis magazines or forums (though they help immensely), you can just do a search on youtube since its full of such videos on everything from how to make it to how to consume it. The information is everywhere!

Last edited: