View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Could ketamine possible cause rhabdo?

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
I am listening to a podcast about rhabdo.
They talk about it being quite common in people doing way to intense training for their fitness level (crossfit etc)
They also mention that some drugs like cocaine can cause this.

Its basicly when you break down more muscle tissues then your kidneys can handle in short amount of time.
This creates alot of waste products and the toxicity can be lethal unless one gets medical care asap.

One symptom is very dark urine, like coca cola dark.
Im wondering if a ket binge could create a similar issue or even straight up rhabdo?

I always have extremely dark urine the morning after doing ket.
I dont use it often but i usually go quite deep when indulging.
At least a gram is a nice night for me, and ive done some week long binges where ive easily shot up 5g's in 5-7days.

The last 6months ive barely touched it though, since i was starting to get some minor bladder issues.

I've got no idea what rhabdo is but the more chemicals you ingest, the darker your urine will get Don't be stupid and use drugs to give you more energy for workouts, that is just way wrong. You're already over-exceeding your body's potential by digesting and proccessing the drugs. It would seem unlikely as regular or rather common activities on ketamine are more like relaxing and not doing much physically intense, however more energizing dissociatives like 3-meo-pcp could be easier used for training. Although defineately not reccomended I don't think you have anything to worry about. What could other side effects from this desease be?

Also i would never use ketamine or any psychotropic drugs when doing anything seriously exerting.
I even try to avoid caffeine as a performance booster since i prefer to keep my arousal level quite low when lifting.

The only exception is when i go to festivals hehe.
Then im def keeping myself going hard on heavy doses of mostly lsd/ket/thc.

I don't think there's any reason to think ketamine actually causes skeletal muscle breakdown... especially to such an extent that the kidneys can't cope, which is what happens with rhabdomyolysis.

Ketamine is however quite punishing to the kidneys, so may cause similar symptoms via it's own acute kidney toxicity.

However serious effects in this regard usually only become apparent with sustained, heavy dosing - not really the doses you have described - although probably smaller doses may have a chronic effect too.

I'm surprised to hear you have very dark urine after doing ketamine, this has never happened to me although I have had twinges of bladder symptoms after periods of heavier use. Dark urine is usually just a symptom of dehyration however, and ketamine is itself a diuretic - are you making sure to drink enough water during these binges?

Aeon Psyche said:
the more chemicals you ingest, the darker your urine will get
This is not correct.

I think it's on you to prove yourself right, as you made the claim. For the record, it's more down to the specific substances. Some color your urine. Taking more of something that doesn't color your urine won't color your urine. However straining/damaging your kidneys will so in that sense if you take way too many drugs it might cause your urine to color, but only for indirect reasons. And someone else could taker the same drugs and have stronger kidneys and not experience the same discoloration.

The higher amount of a substance, comparing 1gr of mdma to 100 hits of lsd, the first one will significantly colour it a darker orange, so true, it's down to the specific substance, but in which volume you use it if you ignore hydration from drinks to the equation. I'm not comparing human beings on the same amount of drugs, only the difference of the amount of a drug in your system and when you flush it out.

I remember GBL to be somewhat the most grose thing I ever peed out for nobody's interest but since you are reading this now, now you know.