• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Could crystal be more ephedrine than meth?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Last batch, it never gave me jaw torquing or dry mouth.

I've reliably gotten them in the past.

When I pushed the dose slightly however it did give me psychosis and insanely high HR (though on higher doses of former meth batches, I HAVEN'T got psychosis).

But even then still no jaw torquing/dry-mouth.

As above, I was surprised I got psychosis caused I've dosed meth far higher in the past without experiencing psychosis.

Is it possible the crystal shards are more some other stimulant based product like ephedrine?

And it was simply poorer quality meth?

Only other difference is this time ROA = nasal. In the past I've used oral.

PS - could a user develop a tolerance over 1 single day? i.e. dose yesterday to great effect, then same dose today = incomparably weaker effect?

PPS - the idea of acquiring chronic psychosis scares the hell out of me. How does this typically come about? Can it come about after only one or two excessive uses that result in drug-induced-psychosis, or over a much longer period of high use?

Last edited:
There seems to be a kindling effect with not only tolerance, but stim psychosis as well. The more times you've binged meth in the past the faster your tolerance will build and the quicker psychosis will set in. This isn't strictly true and this effect will probably go away after long breaks but kindling is a real thing.

Tolerance breaks are always good in cases like these. If there is shit meth going around a tolerance break will not only help you mentally and physically, but it also can help improve meth quality by good old capitalism. If enough people stop buying meth because it has gotten to be very low quality, then the dealers and suppliers will catch on and increase quality to create new demand.

Last edited:
Last batch, it never gave me jaw torquing or dry mouth.

I've reliably gotten them in the past.

When I pushed the dose slightly however it did give me psychosis and insanely high HR (though on higher doses of former meth batches, I HAVEN'T got psychosis).

But even then still no jaw torquing/dry-mouth.

As above, I was surprised I got psychosis caused I've dosed meth far higher in the past without experiencing psychosis.

Is it possible the crystal shards are more some other stimulant based product like ephedrine?

And it was simply poorer quality meth?

Only other difference is this time ROA = nasal. In the past I've used oral.

PS - could a user develop a tolerance over 1 single day? i.e. dose yesterday to great effect, then same dose today = incomparably weaker effect?

PPS - the idea of acquiring chronic psychosis scares the hell out of me. How does this typically come about? Can it come about after only one or two excessive uses that result in drug-induced-psychosis, or over a much longer period of high use?
Yes, you can definitely develop tolerance over the course of one single day.

Well, there are many causes of psychosis, but in the case of meth, once the meth use is ceased, the psychosis should abate with time and proper detoxification, nourishment, and hydration.

But of course, there is always the possibility that you have some kind of underlying mental health issue, that meth can severely exacerbate or bring to the surface. If you have lingering psychosis after not using meth for a while, I would definitely consider seeing a psychiatrist.

Meth effects different people differently, and there's no exact timeline as to the odd effects it can have on you mentally. Some folks, after a long period of daily meth use, develop such a tolerance to not only the primary effects, but to the paranoia, such that they simply don't get really terribly paranoid or psychotic anymore from meth. But then there are others, who certainly CAN and will get psychotic from extended meth use, especially if it's coupled with lack of sleep.

I count myself as in between these two camps, as I have learned how to live with a psychotic mood disorder (and the accompanying delusions, whether caused by drugs or not), and am able to recognize when I'm engaging in fantastical and deluded thinking (most of the time).

But at the same time, I am still perfectly vulnerable to psychosis if I imbibe enough stimulants or dissociatives, or even if I'm sober. I just know my head a lot better than I did even just a couple years ago. There's a lot in here, but generally I've been able to recognize lately when my mind is taking a turn for the worst and is causing problems in my personal life.

Idk if this helps at all, but this is just some of my experience with stimulants and psychosis. I hope you are well, and if you ever need to talk to someone should you find yourself in some kind of delusion or psychosis, please feel free to reach out to me via message if you need.

As mentioned in another recent reply to one of your posts, you seem totally focussed on what the last dose of amps might have done to you. However, your posting over the last few weeks, maybe months, suggests you’ve been regularly consuming a fair amount of amps and maybe other drugs too.

The negative effects of amps - especially meth - can be cumulative. While no single dose seems above your threshold, taken daily or every few days these seemingly modest doses can bring you closer and closer to psychosis and build up a hell of a comedown once you stop for more than a few days.

I don’t know exactly what is going on with you and I apologise if I am wrong about your pattern of use. But if any truth to it please consider your consumption over time.