• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Could 1mg Valium (diazepam) per day cause addiction or any kind of withdrawal?

Branggen

Bluelighter
Would 1mg be enough to cause a dependence if taken for say years or months, could it or its active metabolites build up in your body at this dose? How about at .5mg/day?

I guess so?? That's an extremely low, 'why bother?' dose for one day, let alone a year so i dont know if it will be easy to find anyone who can give actual experiential evidence.

I've had withdrawals from short term (about 2 months) lowish use <50mg / day that lasted a couple of weeks so I guess it's possible. But I think it would be exremely mild if anything as even thought its am extremely low dose, you're still taking SOMETHING away.

Interested to see the replies

Last edited:
That's a pretty low dose of valium. The concerning part is that you've been dosing for a good amount of time, so I would imagine it has built up in your system.
I'd think even a low dose like that, you will still have discomfort coming off. People have nicotine WD from just smoking one ciggy a day. Horrible comparison, I know, however it shows the body has developed a dependency.
I wouldn't imagine you would have severe WD like seizure watch or anything like that... but your body will know something is missing.

i guess, eventually, yes.
i mean its a pretty sensible dose but even patients prescribed that amount will end up 'dependent ' on benzos, rather than 'addicted'

Absolutely. I'm on 2.5mg/day and can feel even a slight drop. 1 mg can still have strong effect; subtle, but strong.

I find it very hard to believe that one milligram of Valium everyday will cause any sort of life threatening withdrawal however if there is any withdrawal I'm sure that some I knew you wouldn't even consciously realize. As far as Klonopin and Xanax for example a former doctor had told me that if you keep it under 1.5 milligrams a day you will be out of the life-threatening withdrawal Red Zone meaning you'll still have withdrawals but not where you need hospitalization anything above according to him should need monitoring. To back that up I have detox off of 1.5 milligrams daily without needing hospitalization at all I cannot speak for Valium however look at a dose conversion chart and compare the doses to 1.5 milligrams of Xanax

Are you fucking for real? Taking 1mg of Valium/Diazepam is like taking nothing.. Lol even a benzo naive person wouldn't feel 1mg (maybe a tiny bit of something if anything at all)..

There's no way you would notice ​ any kind of WD by taking 1 fucking mg of Valium/Diazepam a day.

Last edited:
I find it very hard to believe that one milligram of Valium everyday will cause any sort of life threatening withdrawal however if there is any withdrawal

no.

1mg of diazepam a day over the course of several months will result in addiction/dependence, a minute one, but it'd be a habit nonetheless. a grand-mal from withdrawals really only happens for the most severe addictions. a 1mg daily habit yeah you'll get some anxiety and a maybe a couple days of insomnia. i mean, there;s always a chance that that could happen but that would be weird af and probably related to some sort of underlying medical condition

thanks for the replies Ive tapered down from 35 to 1 over a few months and after staying at 1mg for 2 weeks and then stopping I did not really notice anything

I still believe a detox from something as minute as 1mg will be not noticeable at all

Diazepam has a very long half life, so taking 1mg daily can cause some accumulation of plasma concentration. That said, 1mg is such a small dose that I doubt it any WD symptoms would be more than an annoyance