• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cough syrup (woes)

HaloTop078

Greenlighter
I (or someone I know) was really sick a couple of years ago and was prescribed the cough syrup Rezira. Needless to say, it helped with the cough and just about everything else. It was a real mood elevator for sure :)

I really am sick again and went to the same doctor and he prescribed me cough syrup (YAY) but I noticed that it was a little different this time. Hydrocodone and (homotropin? or something, not the pseudoephrine like in the Rezira)

I am not going to lie, I am disappointed because I looked it up and online it says that this other chemical puts a damper on the hydro - I know that it said not to exceed the dosage due to negative side effects, but does this mean I won't get my HAPPY bonus? /sad...

I may not have paid <snip> plus the rx for it is all. Don't judge...

Will I still feel the hydrocodone? I'm just taking the regular dose, which I did with the Rezira and I felt it there...!

Last edited by a moderator:
I (or someone I know) was really sick a couple of years ago and was prescribed the cough syrup Rezira. Needless to say, it helped with the cough and just about everything else. It was a real mood elevator for sure :)

I really am sick again and went to the same doctor and he prescribed me cough syrup (YAY) but I noticed that it was a little different this time. Hydrocodone and (homotropin? or something, not the pseudoephrine like in the Rezira)

I am not going to lie, I am disappointed because I looked it up and online it says that this other chemical puts a damper on the hydro - I know that it said not to exceed the dosage due to negative side effects, but does this mean I won't get my HAPPY bonus? /sad...

I may not have paid $60 plus the rx for it is all. Don't judge...

Will I still feel the hydrocodone? I'm just taking the regular dose, which I did with the Rezira and I felt it there...!

Well after taking two doses (just the prescribed teaspoon) twice (I took the second a little early at 3 hours) I just feel tired and have all of the effects of taking an opiod EXCEPT the feel good / euphoria part. (and I feel a little nauseous)

I guess that is what I get for hoping to get a bonus with my meds... I guess it will serve the purpose intended.

What is the name of the syrup? I've been prescribed Tussionex which is Hydrocodone + Chlorpheniramine and it was very nice. This was for strep throat, and even after being clean from opiates for years I needed to take 2-4x the dose to catch a buzz. It has a time release too which makes it harder to "abuse". Maybe you have something similar?