• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cotton Fever Solution

This Girl

Greenlighter
I posted this on another thread but thought I should make a new thread too. Life saver!!!

The only way I’ve found to offset cotton fever is to hop in a hot shower the instant you feel it coming on!!! Seriously, you don’t even go through the hell of what is cotton fever!!!!

The first symptom for me is I’ll start stretching, a lot. Then I’ll get a chill, then the shit hits the fan for a miserable amount of hours! It usually creeps up on me in about 30 mins to an hr. As soon as I notice the first or second stretch I grab a giant cup of ice water & whatever else is cold from the fridge...but you gotta hustle! Take a hooooooottttt asssssss shower. Keep raising the temps as needed but don’t burn yourself obviously. You’ll be in there for like 30 mins!! No bath, it gets too cold too quickly & you’ll just run out of hot water & make yourself more miserable (trust me?).

The sooner you can get in the better as I’m assuming it gets your blood flowing & pumps out the bad shit. The rest of your day isn’t even ruined!
I remembered reading a post here on cotton fever long ago & every time I’m in the shower warding off symptoms I’ve meant to suggest this! I just got out of the shower trying to prevent it from coming in & I feel totally fie. I swear it works (for me at least)!

TRY IT! Works for me every single time!!

Can I ask what cotton fever is or should I Google it? Does a basic drug cause it? I mean does a drug cause it that we can discuss basically?

Can I ask what cotton fever is or should I Google it? Does a basic drug cause it? I mean does a drug cause it that we can discuss basically?

It’s a bacteria that lives in cotton. Sometimes iv users experience what is known as “cotton fever” when this bacteria ends up in their syringe by using cotton as a filter. It’s so incredibly miserable! SO INCREDIBLY MISERABLE!!!
There’s no way to offset the symptoms that I know of other than what I’ve posted. Some say you can inject water right below where the cotton fever shot was injected but it’s never worked for me.

True cotton fever is actually the toxin from a bacteria rather than the bacteria itself.

However, cotton fever really refers to any infection caused by unsafe injection techniques (almost universally from “cotton shots” or shooting the residue out of a wet cotton that has been sitting out for a few hours).

I find any fever reducer (Tylenol works best for me, ibuprofen works best for most people) will help substantially.

I never have immediately hopped into a hot shower but I do remember once curling up on the floor of a hot shower as I tried to deal with the throbbing headache. It largely cleared up within 20 minutes of getting into the shower but I ascribed it to just the infection running it’s course (it had been about 90 mins since the onset).

So maybe it works for some reason.

If you want to avoid the risk of cotton fever altogether, shoot SF tar. Never once got cotton fever from it, the Dope is too caustic.