• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Correlation between age and intensifying withdrawals

Moonlitskies09

Greenlighter
Hi everyone! Been away a while, life has been well to me. Have a beautiful fiance, decent work , and she's pregnant with twins! Its been exciting. Been almost completely sober the past year.

Anyways, i used some of floridas famous fentanyl mixed heroin a few days ago. Took about 50 mg, then twelve hours later another 25 mg before disposing of the remainder of my cap. Couldnt finish the whole thing with low tolerance.

In my early twenties, even after using daily for a couple years, id expect to have no withdrawal symptoms after about 12 hours of using. But now that im in my late twenties im spending a couple of days with shakey legs and sweats, tears and even some restroom issies. Not full blown withdrawal, but definately a very mild withdrawal.

I dont use but once in a bluelight moon, so im really surprised im having any symptoms. I have two theories to whats going on:
1. there might some seriously fricked up stuff in west palm beaches synthetic heroin mixes.
2. Im getting old.

Can anyone share there experiences with me, about whether or not withdrawals intensify with age? Im only 27 years old, but the withdrawal compared to what id get at 21 is wildly different.

I would say it is a combination of the two. As you get older and more experienced your brain and body adjust to the prescience of opiates faster and revert to withdrawals. Also the new mixes appearing in Florida are highly suspect as all these fentalogues and RC opiates behave very strangely. I have also tested positive for methamp at hospitals and detox faculties in an area from Daytona to almost Tampa... All from different dope sources and separated by almost 2yrs of the occurrences. I don't do meth btw... So several positive test spread across the state and the subjective level of being able to tell stimulants are in my dope have made me realize how full of garbage today's dope actually is.

As you age withdrawal symptoms intensify. Part of it is that withdrawal symptoms become more severe each time you go through it, but some of it may stem from a slower return to homeostasis as you age.

Not gonna preach because id probably do the same thing, but its probably not a good idea toying with something as dangerous as fentanyl laced heroin if you are in the process of bringing kids into this world.

Last edited:
You are getting old in your late twenties? LMAO!!

I think that the fentanyl shit is just really strong and who knows what else is in the street stuff.
Withdrawal hits hard and fast with Fentanyl.
Be glad that you are just experiencing “mild withdrawal “ from that stuff.
Try and stay away from it.

Congratulations on the Fiancé and expecting Twins!!!! 🥂
That is wonderful!
You have ALOT to live for!
I wish you all the best!
❤️

10 years ago there really wasn't widespread fent laced dope all over so when you got high then, you are only using X amount of opiates, and then coming down. Withdrawl is much less because your body can handle it easier. Using fent is an extreme opiate and very quickly escalates and shoots your opiates levels sky rocket high, and then you have to come down from that...which is much harder for your body to cope with.

Thats why you are experiencing withdrawals off such a small/short usage.

Btw, I live right by west palm.

Yea first man I understand as negrogesic said I’d probably do similar but please for the sake of your unborn children at least go for opiates sources you can more accurately trust. Dodgy fent dope is too sketchy for non tolerant users to dose safely. You’ve made it too far.

-GC

Hi everyone! Been away a while, life has been well to me. Have a beautiful fiance, decent work , and she's pregnant with twins! Its been exciting. Been almost completely sober the past year.

Anyways, i used some of floridas famous fentanyl mixed heroin a few days ago. Took about 50 mg, then twelve hours later another 25 mg before disposing of the remainder of my cap. Couldnt finish the whole thing with low tolerance.

In my early twenties, even after using daily for a couple years, id expect to have no withdrawal symptoms after about 12 hours of using. But now that im in my late twenties im spending a couple of days with shakey legs and sweats, tears and even some restroom issies. Not full blown withdrawal, but definately a very mild withdrawal.

I dont use but once in a bluelight moon, so im really surprised im having any symptoms. I have two theories to whats going on:
1. there might some seriously fricked up stuff in west palm beaches synthetic heroin mixes.
2. Im getting old.

Can anyone share there experiences with me, about whether or not withdrawals intensify with age? Im only 27 years old, but the withdrawal compared to what id get at 21 is wildly different.
I'm only 24 and withdrawaling from ops the last time a few months back was the worst it had ever been. Its night and day difference even when i first experienced withdrawals as a teenager I didn't evwn notice or identify that I was in withdrawal till years later

Technically withdrawals from meth might become worse as you get old but practically (IMHO) they get much easier with experience - so if you use consistently you’ll be dealing with them better the older you get. This might be a difference with opiates where the withdrawal is physical whereas with meth its mainly psychological and you can learn to deal with it over time.