• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Correct vein???

Bboogirl

Greenlighter
So I'm use to shooting up in the crook of my arm but right now have a full cast which prevents this spot. I'm not to familiar with good and not so good places to do this. Are there any reasons I should not do it on the top of my right thigh? It's perfectly visible

Help!!!

So I'm use to shooting up in the crook of my arm but right now have a full cast which prevents this spot. I'm not to familiar with good and not so good places to do this. Are there any reasons I should not do it on the top of my right thigh???? It's perfectly visible

It depends on your skill level here and how far your cast goes. I've hit vessels in my hand (use as small gauge as possible). If you can maneuver to hit your other arm that's ideal. It can be tricky if you're using the non dominant side but for me it was the next easiest spot before moving down to wrists/back of the hand. Lower extremities I've done too but that is more challenging in my opinion and ankle jabs are pretty uncomfortable. You could also have a pal hit it for you obviously.

Thank you:( well a friend isn't really an option cause no one knows...but I guess my real question is, are these any arteries or anything dangerous I should be avoiding or looking for in my thigh?

I have hit in my upper thigh when I was in the midst of a bad addiction that left me getting really creative with vein seeking. I also used a good one that runs up the inner leg near the knee at beginning of thigh

Trouble with your "top of thigh" spot that you can "see" is its very likely superficial and easily blown. "Seeing" the vein isn't nearly as important as feeling for it--you should get that spongy bouncy feel when you push lightly. A lot of "top of thigh" veins just aren't big enough in diameter to do that, leaving them for those who get more desperate than you are currently

I would look at the hand of the casted arm. Also, how far up does cast go? There are upper arm veins easier to hit than top of thigh. If you insist on looking at lower extremities, I would first look at calves as there is a large vein that runs up from by the ankle bone up the inside of your leg. That's the same one you can also access by the above the knee spot as I mentioned.

There are many spots people don't realize , but like I said the biggest thing when searching for a new one is the feel of it, not what you can see. As the visible ones are often very flat and superficial and blow right out.