• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Corlopam (Fenoldopam)

pezcore

Greenlighter
Was wondering if this drug had abuse potential since its a synthetic benzo derivative .. anyone know ?

I have never heard of this drug being used outside of a hospital setting and am unsure if it is even available in any other preparations than injectable ampoules. I have no idea what this drugs 'abuse potential' would be compared to other benzo derivatives, but with it's high risk ROA, it's extremely short duration of action and it's dramatic antihypertensive effect would not put it on my list of drugs for potential use if other more regularly tried and tested fast acting (and long lasting) oral admin benzodiazepines are available (which with a diazepam and clonazepam prescription, they usually are). As far as I am aware, we do not use Fenoldopam in the UK at all under our National Health Service.

A quick read thru Wikipedia more than shows that this IV-Only Emergency Antihypertensive, along with its 14min. duration of action, tells one it should ONLY be used for life-threatening hypertensive crisis. If a normotensive (normal BP) person attempted this agent, they would put themselves into severe cardiogenic shock which might or might not be fatal. As for sedation, the question of if you would survive the trial, or die, would so outclass any considerations in the direction of a short benzo high, the structural similarity to other benzodiazepines should be disregarded. Too many "regular sedating" benzo's are available before one would risk survival with fenoldopam.
&&

Ya... sounds like a drug you just bring up at a party to show off other than that and the hospital use there isn't a point to it