• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Converting Ketamine lozenges/troche for IM or nasal use?

Profoundbuzz

Greenlighter
I’ve recently been started on oral Ketamine troches for treatment resistant depression and anxiety. 150mg at the moment which I have been taking orally. (Green gummies)

However the the more I look into ketamine, the more I’m finding that this ROA is ridiculously low compared to IM, nasal and IV. Essentially it’s being wasted and not acheiving the effect I’m after. The lozenge is the only available dose method through my clinic/pharmacy.

I also drink heavily 2x3 a week as well mixing chlorpromazine and diazepam. 3 things I really want to stop. Unfortunately by taking the ketamine orally it merely triggers my desire to mix all 4 to get the strongest ‘overall’ effect which is defeating the purpose of ketamine treatment.

By increasing the ketamine effect to a satisfying level negating the need to augment with the other stuff by going another ROA, is it possible to break down the troches and turn it a form that is useable for IM use?

If so, what would be the best method?

I believe ketamine is water soluble, so i would be inclined to dissolve them in water and make a nasal spray solution.

So if you can get them broken down and dissolved in water, theoretically that would work right? Ive honestly never seen these gummy lozenges in the states, so i have no clue what the inactives are or how big they are. Ideally you would want to isolate the ketamine completely but again i dont know much about the lozenges. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable about them will chime in, but thats a start

Warm/hot water preferable to cold or it doesn’t really matter?

This is an example how my pharmacy prepares them. Each red square is 100mg. Mine are green which are 200mg. Doses are cut into either quarters or halves.

Never having used street Ketamine I’m unsure as to what it’s supposed to taste like (apart from unpleasant). I did originally start with the reds and they have a slightly different taste to the greens so I’m assuming there are some additives.

IMG_0130.jpg
[/URL] gif upload[/IMG]

I have no information for you other than that it's INCREDIBLY dangerous to combine that many different CNS depressants simply for the purpose of getting high!

I personally think you would need to use a solvent that would dissolve the Ketamine but not all the sugars and stuff in the gummies, or perhaps a cold water extraction tek might work like some people do with DXM, however I lack the chemistry knowledge to say for sure how to do it.

one thing you could probably do is melt them a little bit and then plug them? if you really think Butt K might just save your ass from addiction then go for it but please do not combine drugs in such a dangerous cocktail

I have no information for you other than that it's INCREDIBLY dangerous to combine that many different CNS depressants simply for the purpose of getting high!

I personally think you would need to use a solvent that would dissolve the Ketamine but not all the sugars and stuff in the gummies,

I agree. It’s not a practice I want to keep doing.

Ill keep looking into the dissolving/roa methods. It’s really the gummie aspect that’s making it difficult to ascertain the best bang for buck method and with such a limited amount prescribed at a time I can’t really afford wastage. Cheers.

I couldn't help but LOL =D

That makes two of us ;)

In the interim, I've opted for drinking about 1L of grapefruit juice about and hour beforehand on an empty stomach and then taking a larger dose of Ket sublingual to minimize first pass metabolism. Obviously my script runs out way quicker, but I am getting a nice buzz with no alcohol and a massive reduction in other CNS meds.

I believe the purpose of the ketamine the way you're being prescribed it is to build up the nor-ketamine (or whatever metabolite is believed to be responsible for the longer-lasting antidepressant effects) in your system. Honestly I'd recommend sticking to the plan, isn't the point to fix your depression, not to get high?

Yes it is. But.... I love getting high as well and Im pretty much limited to alcohol these days which is my least favorite substance.

Like many, sober life does not provide enough satisfaction that chem augmentation does.

I see no problem with being happy AND high ?

Getting high off it might mess with your getting happy from it, also there would be a lot of thusfar unidentified carrier compounds in those lozenges so you would have to do a sophisticated extraction on it.

For IM use you must not inject random shit and you would filter it incredibly well using a micron wheel filter. It would take a lot of workups and steps of course filtering leading up to that otherwise you will clog your micron filter straight away... You would need TLC etc etc to keep track of how much gunk is still in your product otherwise you have no decent idea what you are extracting along even with acid/base extraction... those impurities may also make it rather difficult to get a reasonably concentrated solution as end-product suitable as IM dose.

So many obstacles and risks that you should forget about it if you are not a chemist and a terrible plan even if you would be one (in which case you needn't ask) and an insane amount of work probably for an amount that you could reasonably afford to spare if you wanna be 'responsible'.

And actually I wasn't even talking specifically about how anti harm reduction this is. Not really the point of the forum.. sorry man :)

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a k hole? *crunch*

Depends how wide the hole is ;)

Getting high off it might mess with your getting happy from it, also there would be a lot of thusfar unidentified carrier compounds in those lozenges so you would have to do a sophisticated extraction on it.

So many obstacles and risks that you should forget about it if you are not a chemist

Consider it forgotten. This is more for future searchers reference.

This method of delivery is best to take sub-lingual on an empty stomach. Maybe with half a liter of grapefruit juice as a potentiator.

What NOT to do is to drink 3/4 slab of beer, down 100mgs of Valium and a bottle of DXM cough syrup and around 600mgs of those ketamine Lozenges.

Maybe I had a good time. I'll never know. Or at least remember. I lost 36 hours.

Realistically from short experiments, 300mg+ will give you a nice tickle on it's own. 600-800mg holing. Gummies are not powder or liquid.

As for colour, my pharmacy has one red square=100mg. Green=200mg. Yellow=400mg.

Last edited:
Might be hard for you to speak to considering the poly-drug use but how long would you say the high lasts off a dose of the gummies? Is it typical oral ketamine duration or is it more drawn out because of the gummy having to break down?

Going more by clock of ‘before/after’ and the couple of times I clinically titrated- (no additives) The whole experience from ingestion and knowing what reality is supposed to be and the return of that realisation is around 2hrs.

I cant compare to other ROA but with the lozenge it is a continual step by step to loss of reality awareness/question it, know you are fucked and then step back down to awareness.

A rough hour for the peak? 5 min to notice, 15 to question dose, 45 to stop questioning, ?? Welcome back.