• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Contrave... Weird Side Effect

6C The Second

Greenlighter
Hey BL,

It's been awhile...

I recently have started 300mg Bupropion and 50mg Naltrexone daily. I am not prescribed Contrave, but the dosage of each of these is nearly the same(360/36).

I have been taking this for just over a week. I have read a lot about the meds seperately and also as contrave. I have never heard of what I am experiencing. I can not stand the cold. I am the first person to layer up when the temp drops. I have such a weakness to the cold. However, it vanished... Everyone has been complaining about the cold. They are wearing jackets. I am in a T-shirt and am beyond comfortable.

It was not just that one time. This is a consistent thing. The only variable in my life that changed is taking these meds. Does this make sense? I don't know what else it could be.

Whatever the cause, I am so happy about not freezing all the time.

Also, I don't feel warm when in room temp. I feel normal. It is just the cold. I hardly feel it now.

Thanks!

I had this happen to me a couple of months after starting bupropion alone. I always felt sort of flushed (assuming the effect would be true for most cathinones).

While this isnt a horror story of someone amped up on speed walking around in a blizzard, ive had this happen on all amphetamines or cathinones ive used. i would discuss it with your doctor and maybe wear a tolerable light jacket to be safe.

Perhaps someone can elaborate more.

I have since stopped taking naltrexone, but this side effect persists. I've been going off of called in refills, so I have not seen my doctor. I will be seeing him in about 3 weeks and will get this figured out. It's a positive side effect, but worth mentioning.

Thank you both for your reply