• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Contaminatied washer and dryer??

Worried.....

Greenlighter
Hello. I have a rather odd question and hope you guys can help me out. My sister came to visit and washed some clothes in my washer and I went to put them in the dryer and found a meth pipe in the washer. I confronted her about such but in the meantime my roommate washed some clothes and found a baggie of meth in the washer and then dried them. I've since read up on stuff and ran the washer quite a few times with bleach and laundry soap and nothing else in it but I've also seen not to dry contaminated clothing, which my roommate did. Is there anyway to get my dryer clean or do I have to just get a brand new one which I don't really have the money for. I do have a child in my home so I'm not taking this very well and am very worried. Any advice would be appreciated.

No it's not that big a deal. It was probably dissolved into the clothes in the first load. If you're really worried just wash that load again and get rid of the pipe and bag. Maybe run an empty cycle after this just to be sure and flush it all out. No more speedfrwak laundry days!

Awesome thank you so much for the reply! I feel better now knowing it's okay...everything I read said not to dry clothes that are contaminated so I was just worried. Thank you:)

Haha no problem. Don't ever wanna see someone get rid of a washer for no good reason. Tweaker would tear that thing apart and drink the water for the residuals. Glad I got more sense these days. My brother searches his pockets endlessly for hours looking for crumbs.

I agree, just do another cycle and wash something unimportant. I mean we count on our washer to wash off the days toxic air and other dirt. And last I heard meth was water soluble so any particles, if any will wash right out.

I find the caring about your child very touching. The kid is lucky.

In my years of drug use I may have seen meth once in my life 30 years ago. I never understood the addiction, I mean I like sleeping. :D