• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

contamiated GHB?

bipolarbear56

Greenlighter
***sorry contaminated, I do know how to spell lol

Okay so I have a rather odd harm reduction related question if you can call it that. The other day I spilled a fairly large amount of some fairly expensive GHB on my carpet. When it initially happened, pretty much all of the GHB stayed in a little puddle and did not really dissolve into the rug because it was so viscous (about the consistency of syrup) so I was able to actually extract most of it off the rug with a pipette back into a separate bottle. I probably would have already done this recovered GHB by now if it was not for the fact that I shampooed my rug with some fairly harsh chemicals about a week earlier. I know this question is pretty much impossible to answer with any level of certainty but what are the chances the GHB could have absorbed any amount harmful chemicals from the rug for the short 2-3 minutes it was sitting there before I recovered it back with a pipette? The recovered GHB itself looks pretty much exactly like the rest of the GHB that didn't get spilled- its still clear and doesn't have any particles floating around in it or anything like that so..... safe? not safe? Thanks in advance for helping with my silly predicament..

Last edited:
You would think it would be okay, but I'd like to know the exact chemicals used during the shampoo and check a msds..

- Hopeless

Grr, I have a stupid phone and wasnt able to download the file, maybe post some of the main ones?

- hs

Grr, I have a stupid phone and wasnt able to download the file, maybe post some of the main ones?

- hs

I suspect it also had some kind of fragrances or something that's not listed on the MSDS but I'm not too worried about those, apparently all it is:

3.1 MIXTURES
0.5% - 1.5% Hydrogen peroxide (CAS No. 7722-84-1) The exact percentage (concentration) of composition has been withheld as a trade secret inaccordance with paragraph (i) of §1910.1200.

I'm thinking there's no possible way there was residual H2O2 in the rug a week later? Thanks again for your help.

As far as I can recall, i thought oxiclean was made with mostly natural ingredients.

- hs

Yeah I think youre good to go bud, have fun stay safe!

- hopeless soul

If you have any doubts, throw it out. I would hate to see this make you sick. Just my opinion but hope it works for you!