• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Considering growing, need advice

mirrored_cookie

Greenlighter
Hello there everybody!

So I'm doing some research right now that's been pretty useful but I wanted to check in here and see what some opinions might be. I'm a medical patient in a state with no dispensaries yet, so my options are limited and while caregivers fill my needs for now, I'd rather produce my own medicine and save a little money in the process.
So this leads me to my question:

What would be the cheapest way to grow indoors while still producing a satisfying yield?

I don't use much, maybe about a 1/2 oz to 3/4 ounces a month so I was considering growing two plants at a time and just start a cycle to meet my needs throughout the year.

I was reading about space buckets, which seem like a viable option, though I would probably have to modify the idea a bit to get larger yields? I don't know.

I don't need an incredible amount of detail here, just some ideas to point me in the right direction. I'm not trying to pawn off my research on y'all haha.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any input

Hello!

For growing plants, my advice would be to plant in Spring, and harvest in summer. If you're going to be planting and growing indoors, as long as you have a good setup in terms of lighting and water, then you should be okay. One plant should harvest 3-4oz, depending on strain, when you plant and how you tender to your plant.

Hope this helps!
R.

if you're starting from seeds the way to do it is raise 6-8 plants because there may very well be males you'll need to cull and of the females that remain you can choose the most promising one and clone that. once you have clones you can shrink the op down to just a few plants. imho if you want to consistently pump out a small supply then it's best to go with three plants: 1 in veg, 1 flowering, and a rooting clone in a smaller space waiting to move into the veg space when that one moves into flowering.