• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Considering Etizolam and Lyrica for a seasoned benzo user.

BigWolf

Bluelighter
So how many posters have you seen with super long posts and a two or three post history, that you just dismiss right away? Daily. It's lengthy but I joined you bluelighters after years of researching and finding my own answers through pharmocology and what makes sense, trial and error, and a vast love for the DuPont's old logo:
"Life is better with chemistry."

That said, cut me some slack, and read through this; I hit a roadblock on about five or six questions between Etizolam and Pregabalin. I'd appreciate it. If some of you can help me find some answers I'll always be glad to answer a question I see, that I factually know, not just opinion.

I've read enough about RC's since 2007 when we could still order AMT from China. Not a newbie to it. Also a very seasoned and avid lover of GABA-ergenics. Used right, they're heaven. Used wrong, they're handcuffs because the cop's gas tank you peed in was, in fact, NOT the porta-John.

Thanks for the few minutes to read, since I have quite a few unanswered questions. I'd just like some firm (and current, not 02/11/2013 info :) ) answers to the questions posed.

Let 'errr rip...
I was on Valium for three years for generalized anxiety disorder, sleep problems from PTSD , and because the Rolling Stones said it best... "Mothers little Heper".

I was prescribed 30mg daily... Sometimes less sometimes way more, but generally, 20-40mgs daily. During that time, and leading up to it, I'd tried temazepam, lorazepam, clonazepam, honorable mention to ambien and lunesta, as well as another honorable mention to Lyrica.... Which I love. More than any hypnotic I've taken.

I'm at a crossroads. Valium, for my condition started to produce a different sort of depression; the past six months or so. Its efficacy is no longer working. Also, I recently moved back to my home state where they shriek when you're showing you need a scheduled med... Shockwave after leaving Florida, which as many know, is great for prescribing whatever the f*** your want.
When I moved back to good old New York for a better career, I came with three months of each of the scheduled meds I was taking: 270 10mg valium, 90 2mg Ativan, 180 30mg adderall, 180 300mg lyrica, and plenty of other nonscheduled's. Once they ran out, the shit-storm a-brewed.

I'm now switched over to 60 2mg clonazepam monthly. Works great actually. One problem. The thing is, when I get the panic kick in, if i take more than the prescribed dose of Klonopin, just like most people in this predica can relate, I screw my self at the end of the month, and I'm filling at the brim early and blah blah.

Good luck trying to get a pharmacy to fill two benzos up here (good old Empire State where dreams are made from), let alone finding a doc to write them. New docs love tweaking your meds because if it's working let's change it.

Also, adding Lyrica to the mix is probably a no go for a new doc. I have my paper scripts from my old doc in FL. If I had someone I trusted enough there to fill them and send it back I would, but I just don't think I can.

So, barreled down, I'm a benzo user with a high, but respected tolerance.

Im adding in Lyrica because I'm getting off of the buprenorphine... I abhor taking suboxone, the stigma, the bs that goes with it, the pharmacists, etc. I want out. I got on it for the wrong reasons ("well it'll be eaiser to get off of after shoulder surgery, I'll take this for pain instead...." I said three years ago.), can't seem to get off of it because of the withdrawal symptoms, primarily and forefront anxiety, RLS, and insomnia. It beats the hell out of most symptoms and Imodium treats the rest.

At the right dosages, I can get off the bupe this time. I don't need it anymore. But the withdrawal has stopped me every time.

Here are my two drugs in question, and their related questions -

1) Etizolam -
A) I read so many mixed reports. What's the deal? Is it euphoric? That would be really really nice. Also, as far as cross tolerance, whats peoples experience with that reverse-tolerance aspect at the GABA- alpha 1 receptor?
I'd like it as an adjunct to have it there when I want need it, will a marquis show Etizolam positive for any color change? I want something short, QUICK acting, and plentifully available. It's obviously reasonably safe as it is a prescribed med for our friends the USSR Causmonauts if I'm not mistaken. Feed back?

2) Lyrica (pregabalin) - I have prescriptions written to me for 300 mg capsules three times a day, but the price for self-pay is insane. Never ordered form a prescription-required online pharmacy. (Mods, since this is not exactly sourcing, I hope it's ok to ask this.) Can someone PM me or post if allowed, an online mail order pharmacy that has great prices and quality pregabalin? I had a pharmacy I ordered from, a few times, but I found one day they just stopped selling it without a script. Pregabalin is a miracle for Bupe-withdrawal. I need to definitely get it. How can I get the best price for what I'm being prescribed? Also, currently I live in NY, but my paper scripts are from FL. Does this pose an issue being that it is C-V? I know C-II they don't allow out of state, but C-III - C-V I'm unsure of state to state allowance. (Mods, if you do consider asking for a referral to just a reputable and inexpensive online pharm to fill the Lyrica, I understand. I'll edit but please don't delete this post because there are still other questions.)

3) A combo of Pregabalin 300mg PO b.i.d. Or t.i.d., the continued clonazepam 2mg b.i.d., and 2mg Etizolam not to exceed 10mg at any point (I know my boundaries with down-dry's), along with multivitamins, exercise, forced nutrition intake, and lots of fluids, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst and coming off of subs after three years cold at 4mg, 1 being taper to .25 for three weeks and witj the regimen above bringing it down to barely noticeable) what's my fellow bluelighters oppinions on how bad withdrawal will still be?

I'll ask politely, unless someone is binging on crack and dope, for days (been there), I'd like to keep the opinions of my moderately heavy benzo usage to a bare mini-.... Nothing.

All my questions ARE in the direction of harm reduction, and goddamnit does Lyrica have some magic to it. I hope the DEA doesn't catch on sooner that there are people who like that substance more than DMT, methaquaalone, and Secobarbital (don't be jelly. I just got lucky along my path of the great pharmacological adventure between chemistry and the brain.)

Thanks y'all.

Again. I know it's long. But it's not rambling bs. I'm just stuck on this.

^Well I struggled to find out the actual questions you wanted answers to, the title seemed like it is to the point, so you're considering Lyrica and etizolam to replace a previous benzo habit?

I think the etiz is for quick hitting panic attacks so he doesnt run out of his klonopins early by taking too many during a panic attack, but he wants to know what etiz is like if its euphoric, if he will have a tolerance to it at the start because he is on benzos already, and im guessing any other info about it. And the lyrica (along with the list of other substances and vitamins) would be for wd's from quitting subs, guess he wants to know what other people think of his plan listed in his post for quitting the subs and how bad they think his WD's will be with it. Not really sure on any answers here myself as i never took etiz or lyrica before but hopefully clearing up the questions for this guy above.

Not replacing. Adding etiz; wondering about more concrete effects; seeing how the combo would help with a sub withdrawal

I think the etiz is for quick hitting panic attacks so he doesnt run out of his klonopins early by taking too many during a panic attack, but he wants to know what etiz is like if its euphoric, if he will have a tolerance to it at the start because he is on benzos already, and im guessing any other info about it. And the lyrica (along with the list of other substances and vitamins) would be for wd's from quitting subs, guess he wants to know what other people think of his plan listed in his post for quitting the subs and how bad they think his WD's will be with it. Not really sure on any answers here myself as i never took etiz or lyrica before but hopefully clearing up the questions for this guy above.

Yep.

Quick update:
Etizolam cross tolerance: really not that bad actually. 6mg Etizolam gave me a nice wave of "simmer down."

Lyrica for w/d or tapering: a lot has already been written on this topic. But for anyone looking up current info, yes the hype is real. Lyrica knocked out 75% of the typical opioid-w/d symptoms, sans the GI effects and the yawning/fatigue. So current info remains true.

Pramipexole is also great during w/d as it is a d1 agonist, it left the RLS non existent.

Hi Big Wolf...I am a seasoned benzo user, not that I'm proud of it. I had a 4-6-8 mg day Xanax habit from 2011-2014...Uuugh.
I took a long break after a terrible withdrawal.
2 yrs. later and I discover Etizolam. If you blindfolded me, it would be hard to tell a hefty etiz dose 6-7 mg.. to a 4-5 mg dose of Xanax.
definitely a replacement. And much cheaper

My only concern is the etiz sources. I got mine from a trusted source. Small blue pellet (.177 cal) sized 2mg tablets. I see a lot of sites that are referenced in the /rc vendor section, but it's so hard to current, I'm having trouble finding out whom I'll be sourcing through. Domestic, prompt and reliable is what's important.
Mods: not asking for a source.

Etizolam is ok but it doesn't have the legs diazepam or clonazepam have so I think it's not ideal for you , I'd try diclazepam which is a slightly more sedative diazepam really.