• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Considering Ayahuasca, help needed, please advice.

Ambi

Greenlighter
Hello,

This is gonna be a long long post.

I have no idea where to start, but I need some serious advice as i'm seriously considering Ayahuasca more and more. I hope to get some good advice here. I think I can say my situation here is quite complex. Here we go;

I've been suffering from anxiety attacks since I can remember, I think its since I was 19 years old. Now I am 33. In 2012/2013 my mother attempted multiple suicides, the anxiety attacks gained exponentially after that. I couldn't handle it anymore so I started to take Benzo's (clonazepam, long lasting benzodiapine) on my own prescription, just bought them off the internet. Bad thing to do, I know, but it helped me alot. Also I used ketamine in attempt to use its "anti-depressant-effect". Also worked, but I almost got hooked on that, nearly escaped addiction, close call. All this was in 2012-2013.

I stopped the Ketamine but I still took my clonazepam. It wasn't very much (2x2mg tablet per week) but as it is a long lasting benzo (48 hours halftime benzo) it covered me for the whole week. Things were ok, I was able to avoid my anxiety attacks/depression. Indeed, I avoided/suppressed it. If I look back, do I feel sorry for doing it? No, not a minute, it helped me living my life for years to come without any problems.

However I also did some experimenting on LSD because I thought I could face my shit that way. It worked alot of times and I felt better after tripping LSD. To make things worse; I became more reckless with LSD as I gained more experience. Something very very wrong, I know, but I can't turn back time.

This resulted in 2 bad trips;
#1 - First one was on a party, GOA music, Psychedelic trance, perfect spot do take LSD. But it was the first time I went ALONE to a party, I think that was my mistake there. Also I didn't drink suger-holding drinks because I needed to drive after the trip was faded. I only drank water. This, in combination with "being alone" there (bad setting/people I dont know) most likely triggered the first bad trip. At the start of the party, everything went fine, till LSD hit the 6-8 hours, things were starting to "not feel right" anymore. My images were distorted, I could feel this wasn't going to be nice, it was something I never seen before on LSD. It wasn't very friendly anymore.

At this point I shouldve drank sugar holding drinks or eat fruit, which I learned afterwards in Timothy Leary's writings about bad trips. So here I was, 9 hour trip already survived, things started to get very ugly from here. Three hours to go. I thought I ended up in a place "between the trip, and reality", some place which is not supposed to exist. I could see the party but my state of mind wasn't right, it seemed like I wasn't supposed to go in that state because it doesnt even exist. I felt stuck, I was convinced I would forever stay in that state of mind. Some folks saved me by taking me home, love them forever. From there things started to get better. --end of badtrip #1--
-
Note; Between those bad trips I had some other trips, which included a perfect enlighted state, so bad trip #1 was forgotten quickly.
-
#2 - Half a year later, and 3 or 4 trips later, bad trip 2 was coming in. If you thought bad trip #1 was scary... read on.

This is the most extreme mental crisis i've faced yet. The bad trip #1 was 9 hours in progress when it flipped to bad, so I had 3 hours to go. Bad trip #2 was the other way around, 3 hours were nice... it turned around when I still had 9(!!) hours to go. This one was at home and it was my own dumb stupid fault. I was drinking beer, like 8. I wasn't even aware that I was going to take LSD, I just did it when I ran out of beer. I remember thinking; "with my experience with LSD, this should work" (with an ALCOHOL hangover coming in!) (STUPID FUCK as I was... I did 50+ times LSD by then, STILL THINKING YOU CAN CONTROL IT?!?! what was I thinking?! I shouldve seen this coming... stupid impulsive action because of alcohol). I'm still very ashamed of that. If anyone could know what was going to happen; Tripping while your alcohol is turning into a hangover.. it was me. And still I decided to do it. But hey, I learned from it.

Anyway, it happened. This was by far the strongest LSD i'd seen. First three hours were beautiful, but also very chaotic. I could see whole universes between my couch where I sat and the table, it was insanely beautiful. Haven't seen something like that ever since or before. But after 3 hours I started thinking "am I going to fast?, what are the images doing?, am I going to be sucked out of this world?" etc. From here things started to get really ugly, really fast.

I dont know if you guys had bad trips on acid, but if you do, i'd like to ask you if you recognize this;
Your vision is getting somekind of "slant", interlaced video with stripes with the colours green, red, blue and sometimes yellow. Your eyes react like theyre stoned, and your mind is racing without you being able to keep up with it. Still I remembered to tell myself; ACCEPT it, LEAVE it, try to meditate...

I tried, but the power of LSD was too strong and it took me. I had to sit 9 hours thinking I went crazy or I was going to die. One big hell until it finally stopped.

From this point on I had some serious problems getting myself together, this lasted for months, even now I sometimes have troubles to put it in perspective so I think you might understand that i'm shivering if I only THINK about doing it again. No shrink is able to help me with this because im convinced ; it came from a psychedelic, so the only way to get straight is by fixing it with a psychedelic. A shrink doesn't even understand 10% what happens on acid, so how's he able to help me? They try, but dont even get close to solutions.

At this point (today) its almost gone but I still can feel "it isn't 100% right" in my mind/consciousness. Problem was I didnt have experienced tripsitters who could guide me through it. My girl did her best to take me out of it, and it kinda worked. But my consciousness was really fucked up the days/weeks/months after. Not able to think straight etc.

So here comes the question;
As shrinks, psych's and doctors can't help me with this because they dont know shit about what these medicine are capable of, i'm considering Ayahuasca more and more everyday. I think this issue came in with a psychedelic and therefore it must also be eliminated with a psychedelic. But this feels like a russian roulette as you might understand. This Ayahuasca would be an all or nothing attempt. I'm quite sure i'm gonna meet my previous bad trips in an Ayahuasca trip. I havent done Ayahuasca before but I think its the most potent substance which could free me from my demons (bad trips). And if I talk about "bad trips", I mean real "bad trips", not trips which weren't very pretty or weren't very easy. There's a very big difference between a Bad Trip and some awful periods in a trip. A lot of people confuse the 2. If you doubt you had a bad trip, you didnt have one, trust me. You will recognize a bad trip, no question about it.

Scary periods in a trip, versus a badtrip, its not even close. In bad trip's you're convinced your gonna die or you will be stuck in the trip forever. Death gets more attractive the longer you stay in it, this is why people jump, because staying in the trip going into a clinic is way worse than death.

-First question; Are there any other persons which tried to recover from previous bad trips taking ayahuasca? I'd really appreciate talking to one of you.

-Second question; Since Setting and the people you're with are strong pillars which could prevent a bad trip, how's this done in an Ayahuasca session? I mean, there are liek 30 people you don't know well, the environment you are in is soemthing you don't know, even if you'd do a solo-session; you don't even know the people who are guiding you. Isn't this asking for another bad trip?

-Third question; What do you guys think about the chance getting confronted with my previous bad trips during aya? I guess thats like a 95% chance right?

Further; I sufffer from depression, work isn't going well at this point i'm close to burn-out. I'm really stuck with my life and I just need something big to make a lifechanging experience. I cant go on like this. Thats why im thinking of ayahuasca, I hardly have another way out of this. Also tips about other ways to get out of this shit are greatly appreciated. I'm also trying microdosing shrooms right now, it helps, but not enough. I think the main problem I face is my emotions are stuck, I never learned to express them thats why I think ayahuasca is the medicine for me.

I looking for seriously good advice from experienced users as I'm having a serious problem here.

Any valuable comment is VERY welcome, you might save my life here.
Thoughts?

Namasté and thanks again, fellow consciousness.

I think you should be extremely wary about tripping again.

If you do you need to take a low dose they first several times tripping again. Better to be underwhelemed than a bad trip again.

...to me, it doesn't seem like more tripping is the answer. You've tripped enough..I don't think another trip will discover something magic that will cure your problems

Above poster makes a good point.

Also, going into a trip with a to do list doesn't work. You get the trip you deserve. Could be beneficial,could be the opposite..

I understand what you're saying. I tried microdosing for a while and it works quite well on my mood.

So any advice on what to do as psychiatrists dont know anything about what theyre doing? Where to search for help?

edit;
To clarify this; there needs to be something done, i cant go on like this... so if i can't find any other ways i dont have much of a choice doing the ayahuasca-roulette.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've given your own answer. Go on microdosing ? Why did you stop?

Long term effects aren't clear yet. Also i got kind of a burn out on work, this is why im on 2mg diazepam per day again (which makes me depressed, but less stressed and anxious), diazepam and microdosing, it doesnt work well together. Thats why, for now.

I'm not giving my own answer, im trying to consider all options i get here, thats the reason i opened this threat ;)

Ayahuasca is a life changing spiritual event. Anyone that advises you not to do it doesn't know what they are talking about. I did it lastyear when I was travelling Europe, it was done in a relaxed atmosphere with professionals that were simply amazing. There were shaman present too, don't think about doing it if they're not. I've never done any kind of hallucinogenic before I was balls deep in during my first night and had a complete breakdown for about 5 hours, however whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. The shaman literally had to put me back together and ward of the evil spirits, yes they exist. Contact these guys:

http://www.albertojosevarela.com/en...-largest-community-organization-in-the-world/

Imo the best way to use psychedelics therapeutically is alone in your bed (ok to have trip sitter near by) in the silent dark laying down without any outside influence.
Eyes closed. Ok to open if it gets too intense.

If recovery is what youre seeking do not treat these substances as party drugs. Rather as a medicine. In other terms, i liken my bed to a hospital bed and im there to have an experience to get well. Dont stack multiple non prescribed drugs or other psychedelics on top.

Its there that youll start to find whats really going on inside of you. Be patient it takes time to process these events afterwards but ive had great success using this method that terence mckenna boasts.

Give into the experience and allow it to fully envelop you. Surrender to it and tell yourself this is only temporary. Focus on breathing patterns.

Again i propose that ayahuasca is not necessarily ideal to take at a retreat in an uncomfortable or rather unfamiliar setting with strangers. Ive tried two sessions. Thats just my opinion but im much more susceptible to a positive experience somewhere i call home.

There is plenty of information online of how to brew it at home, and the plants used are easily found for purchase there as well. Perhaps someone can further clarify this. I know the gerneral basics but ive only seen people i was with brew it and never personally participated in the production myself.

Ive found greater insight and recovery in mushroom experience or smoked dmt. Maybe something to look into

Last edited:
Ayahuasca is a life changing spiritual event. Anyone that advises you not to do it doesn't know what they are talking about. I did it lastyear when I was travelling Europe, it was done in a relaxed atmosphere with professionals that were simply amazing. There were shaman present too, don't think about doing it if they're not. I've never done any kind of hallucinogenic before I was balls deep in during my first night and had a complete breakdown for about 5 hours, however whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. The shaman literally had to put me back together and ward of the evil spirits, yes they exist. Contact these guys:

http://www.albertojosevarela.com/en...-largest-community-organization-in-the-world/

Alberto Jose Varela / „Ayahuasca International“ is shady as fuck though. Complaints include everything from bad setting to irresponsible behavior to straight-up sexual abuse.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=40648

OP, I don‘t think that Ayahuasca is the magic bullet you‘re looking for. Based on your initial post it seems more like your issue is with an inability to take a step back from the work situation that‘s overwhelming you, and ruining your own set & setting with expectations for the „perfect“ trip.

Mind you, I‘m not judging you - I‘ve been in a similar kind of situation in the past, and still have to be real careful about not falling into the same trap even now.

Alberto Jose Varela / „Ayahuasca International“ is shady as fuck though. Complaints include everything from bad setting to irresponsible behavior to straight-up sexual abuse.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=40648

OP, I don‘t think that Ayahuasca is the magic bullet you‘re looking for. Based on your initial post it seems more like your issue is with an inability to take a step back from the work situation that‘s overwhelming you, and ruining your own set & setting with expectations for the „perfect“ trip.

Mind you, I‘m not judging you - I‘ve been in a similar kind of situation in the past, and still have to be real careful about not falling into the same trap even now.

“Shady as fuck”- To be honest I can’t say I read too many reviews about them before I went but I can say the people I was with with were really good people. The setting was decent. In terms of sexual abuse, I can definetly see the ‘potential’ for this to happen. Fortunately I’m a big black man however if I was a woman there’s no way I’d go to one of these things alone.