• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Conservation of dexamphetamine pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
The rather large supply of dextroamphetamine pills I am saving is to my distress packaged individually in what look lokes see through polystyreen One of the worst plastics. A bottle of PP polypropyleen was fine for me.

Anyway should I just get them out and put em in purple or brown glass, polypropyleen. Or should I take extra measures to prevent them from getting bad. Any chance the plastic allready leached on my stimulant and is extraction a better option. Some have been packaged for over a year.

Are you talking about regular, non foamed (foamed = takeout food container) polystyrene? I mean it's not stellar in it's ability to keep oxygen and humidity out, but should serve your purposes well enough, even over a year. Do you notice crumbly tablets or something or are you just concerned there "could" be a problem? I'd inspect the pills, transfer to Polypropylene and be done with it.

I'll leave this open for a bit but it's really not OD material.

I'm confused. Are you worried about the plastic from your blister packs seeping into your pills and having a negative effect on your health? That might be the amphetamine paranoia talking. Keep the pills in their container or remove them, it shouldn't matter enough to be of any concern.

No paranoia, at least not by the tablets as I take less then prescribed. But that shitty individual packaging is my main concern.

I had them loose in pp polpropyleen containers, blisterpacks. But this is ment for retards and demented.
But it is the only supplier besides the commercially available option that is unaffordable.

So the ps polystyreen in my eyes is a hazard Pickled. And sorry for putting in od Jekyl, it is basic occured just now.

To be honest Emkee_reinvented, I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you a no BS answer about the packaging as there are many types, grades, thickness(mils) and the exposure variables that have been at work over the last several months.

I'd take one pill from the worst part of the wrapping you can find and see if it's still good, any breakdown or leaching of the PS, which seems highly unlikely, should be easily detectable. Any replies you get from here will be pure speculation and literally useless to the situation. When you put the pills in a decent bottle (if that's the plan), try to find a desiccant to absorb moisture and O2.

I'd move this but we don't have a plastics sub-forum.

I do wish you good luck though.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.