• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Confusing Marquis Test Results

greenecko2

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, hoping someone can shed some light on the results of a recent Marquis test that I took.

I tested what was believed to be MDMA with the Marquis reagent. I realize that the test should be complete after about 30 seconds but there were significant color changes over 20 minutes.
Here were the results:

30 seconds- Slight trace of bubbling/ fizzing. No change, (light) yellow brown color of the test.
1 min- Slight pink color starting to emerge.
2 min- Turned to a crimson color.
5 min- Crimson color is now dark and more 'full'
10 min- Crimson color has turned dark purple (The color I have associated with a positive mdma test.
20 min- Purple has darkened even more.

I'll admit, I am inexperienced with testing pills, I have only tested about 10 different samples in the year that i've owned my test kit. Have gotten multiple types of reactions as far as color changes over the course of 30 seconds, so I do know what a good test looks like. It's possible that my test kit is getting old and I need to buy a new one, but can anyone share their experience with using an old kit and possibly what testing pure mdma looks like with one? Is this a void and there is no indication of it being good?
Thank you for the help and patience.

Hey greenecko, welcome to bluelight. The final colour for MDMA should develop withing 5 seconds max. What you have is definately not MDMA, throw it out. If the reaction ever takes longer than 10 seconds to develop the final colour, even if you notice no other colours than dark purple/black emerging after those 10 seconds, your drugs are too weak too consume and very likely adulterated

The one and only good reaction on marquis for MDxx: possible fizz, possible bit of smoke, dark purple colour starting to develop within 5 seconds max, usually within 1 second of liquid hitting the sample. And it darkens into inky black soon after this. Absolutely no other colours are to be noticed other than dark purple into black. The whole reaction takes 10 seconds at the most, 5 is optimal

Last edited: