• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Confused whether snorting Tramadol works?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
From what I've read online most people seem to be saying that snorting Tramadol will not work as it bypasses the first base metabolism required to covert into O-Desmethyltramadol.
However I have been experimenting with snorting it lately and I definitely feel the effects stronger than if I'd swallowed it. Much stronger. It's a lot more stimulating but I still get that warmness/feeling of wellbeing that you get from opiates.

You want the tramadol to turn to O-DT, it's the stronger opioid. Snorting it will just make it absorb faster.

You want the tramadol to turn to O-DT, it's the stronger opioid. Snorting it will just make it absorb faster.

Of course I want it to turn to O-DT, but if I more pronounced effects from snorting, it must still be converted, right? It absorbed through the mucous membranes into the bloodstream; surely once in the blood stream it is them processed through the liver.

Yup, but orally it is converted in the liver first, before reaching the blood.

This is intruiging.
It's water-soluble, so you should be able to absorb it through nasal membranes, right?

Wouldn't try it myself, but its interesring nonetheless

not worth snorting, did it before when I was younger and I thought if you snort something instead of eating it would provide a better high, well it did not, with trams the best is orally. some say that the BA and conversion rate in o-dt increases when you already have tramadol in your system, so maybe instead of taking it all at once you could take it in portions. Although personally I always take it in one dose, even today morning, sometimes tho I like to take let's say my normal dose in IR pills then I take some ER ones so they will release more much later than