Confidentiality

the armed forces

Ex-Bluelighter
I won't give any details of the case in this forum but it is just a simple case with a very small crime.

Anyway, there is an officer around my neighborhood who found out about this certain crime that my son commited. He decided not to press charges or do any formal procedure. Is it legal for him to give out the details of this case to other people whom are not involved? Thank you.

He can give out the information but if your child is a minor he can't say specifically who it was. What crime did he commit? because that matters a lot too.

I'm pretty sure the cop can tell parents and shit about that then. Because I remember my mom asked some cop about one of my friends and he told her all this shit.

I dont think confidentiality applies here because your son was never charged with a crime This officer is just choosing to run his mouth about the incident I assume?

^^^
Lighten up, new dude.

The real question here is not whether it is "legal", but, whether the boy's civil rights are being violated. Mahan can take it from here...

Well now the same thing happened again. He proceeded to tell multiple people of this instance and others to people who were completely uninvolved with the case. Not to mention he threatened my son by saying:

"Boy I'd like to beat your ass right now."

I'm sick of this officer's shit. What can I do about it?

If this is California, I'd contact his supervisor at the department where he works and go to your local superior court and file for a restraining order against him for stalking.

X

Yeah, a restraining order sounds good.

It will look good on the cop's record too.