• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Confidence in Dosing - I'm Actually an Idiot

Expansion420

Bluelighter
So given my rather extensive past with MDMA, the other day while I was helping out a friend with an acquisition, as I do, I pocketed the bonus 70mg my trusted source had thrown into the bag. Having confidence in myself and my familiarity with the effects of MDMA, and given the understanding of my daily work routine (involving orally administered cannabis extracts), I thought nothing of taking this bonus score before work the following day.

MISTAKE, idiot!

I had failed to take into consideration my last time with MDMA, which was December 28th, 2013- a week shy of four months since. So much time between dosing had led to a drastic increase in the way my body reacted to the drug.

Disclaimer- This is the exact same MDMA as it was in the past. I have an extremely safe and trusted source with consistent quality assurance. In the past, I was a poly-substance abuser. Some of my favorites included LSD, MDMA, DMT, clonazepam, amphetamines, and opioids.

Now, I am an electrician apprentice. I am off the books, luckily, as I work within my own family business. As the apprentice, it's my job to run out to the work truck just for a wire nut or a finishing washer or a screw. I aid in my dad's installations and learn as I go. I am required to be attentive, focused, and occasionally am assigned my own tasks involving the assembly/installation of electrical devices and mechanical wiring.

As you can imagine, this job requires sobriety. As a medical marijuana patient, I have formulated my own way to resist my urge to smoke during work hours by encapsulating my Golden Honey Elixir and taking it every four hours. This allows me to focus and perform adequately on the job.Choosing to dose even 70mg of MDMA casually as if it were a morning vitamin; that was a moment of my former-self escaping me. While weighing out some capsules for a friend, I got sidetracked from reality for a moment, and that mentality carried over to the morning, when I took the cap without a second thought. This mindset actually continued through to the point when I noticed my first signs of a come-up. Then, things got ugly.

I was standing promptly aside my father while he was "operating" on the wiring component of a boiler. To paint the picture:

"Scalpel"
-"scalper, doctor." *hands dad screwdriver*

This is essentially how I feel on most days. Also known as a "gopher" or a "go-for".

An hour and a half after dosing, and I started to become very antsy. The normal suppression of time I experience while medicated with my elixir is something I have grown used to and fond of, but this time I could not resist looking at the clock every minute or so! By the two hour mark, I was restless. Now sweating, every transaction between my father and I was agitating and loathsome. In retrospect, I think it's because all I really wanted to do was burst out into appreciative conversation and explain my interests in anything and everything. But I couldn't, because I was in the basement of an open restaurant repairing the boiler as a legitimate technician. This clashing of emotions within my reasoning was making for an extremely unpleasant come-up. I just wanted to leave. I wanted to go home. I hated the fact that I had done this. What was I even thinking?

These thoughts persisted throughout my lunch break, two and a half hours after dosing. When I arrived home (since the job was close to home, I went there for lunch), immediately I showered with my girlfriend. The shower was nice, but afterwards as I lay on my bed naked, all I wanted to do was stay home. I decided to smoke a hit of OG from the bong to attempt to calm myself down. It worked, but only for a moment. I had anxiety about the inevitability of returning to the basement to work on a boiler when I just wanted to roll around in my comfy bed with my girlfriend and pet my dog.

My girlfriend offered me an anxiety-relief-bowl. A hit of blue dream topped with some dimethyltryptamine. I immediately accepted, and took the toke. Wow. This was brilliant! The amount of DMT was not break-through worthy, but just enough to immediately transport my worries elsewhere. I decided to get dressed and go outside to enjoy the sun.

A couple cigarettes, loud music blasting from my bedroom window, and a hula-hoop was all I needed to relax. As I enjoyed the sounds of Rubblebucket, I simultaneously savored the final moments of my lunch break. With this newfound acceptance, my girlfriend encouraged me to channel this positive energy I was experiencing into my work performance, and that I did. When I returned, I was cracking jokes with my dad, helping tremendously, and I even learned a few things.

The moral to my story is to ALWAYS remember to know yourself and never push your own limits.
If I were to have somehow been exposed, I could have lost my job. And for 70mg of molly, that ain't worth it

Has anyone had any similar experiences with confidence? Have you taken too much molly and things got weird? I have some other stories of overdose experiences (200mg+) where things got extremely crazy haha but I would like to hear from everybody.

I used to roll at school sometimes in high school. I was done with school at lunch, and would sometimes pop a pill right before my last class then go home. Well once I planned on doing this, and guess what, the whole school gets put on lockdown for like 4 hours because a school cop got "shot" (find out later he shot himself to get time off). So I'm rolling balls and everyone in the class is trippin out lol it was almost a good environment to roll in because everyone was being all nice and emotional. At one point the cops came into our classroom with huge guns looking for the shooter lol that was interedting to see while rolling.

Moral of the story is you're an idiot(JK). all joking aside what outcome were you expecting? seriously.

Coincidentally im an electrical apprentice working for my dad and never ever would consider taking mdma before work. Ive made the mistake of taking focalin before work and the heat and intensity of labor just doesn't go well with drugs. And its a very dangerous job so you should always have your head in the game.

Moral of the story is you're an idiot(JK). all joking aside what outcome were you expecting? seriously.

Coincidentally im an electrical apprentice working for my dad and never ever would consider taking mdma before work. Ive made the mistake of taking focalin before work and the heat and intensity of labor just doesn't go well with drugs. And its a very dangerous job so you should always have your head in the game.

QFT!!! This is indeed a harm reduction message board, so let us both join forces to recommend nobody consider being foolish as I was!
Learning from the past is all you can do to move forward! And in retrospect I am glad it was only 70mg. I don't know why my rationale made it okay to take that amount, but I certainly will cease the pre-work experimentation in the future!

I don't really think this occurred because of the dose. MDMA is a set/setting drug and all it's effects are at least partially controlled by the set/setting. You took it in a pretty poor setting where not only is it unnacceptable, but you also have to repress how the drug is trying to make you feel and behave. This can certainly ruin the experience and, in extreme cases, cause a bad trip.

The moral of the story is to use MDMA in an appropriate setting.

I've rolled at school, but work would be another thing entirely... especially as the "gopher", been there done that. I've done quite a bit of construction work high as hell but I would never take a psychedelic before hand, weed is pretty much where the line is drawn.

I really don't know what made me do it. I've been sober (aside from weed and the occasional LSD/MDMA/DMT trip with my girlfriend) for a year now. Old tendencies resurfacing, I suppose. :|

I used to roll at school sometimes in high school. I was done with school at lunch, and would sometimes pop a pill right before my last class then go home. Well once I planned on doing this, and guess what, the whole school gets put on lockdown for like 4 hours because a school cop got "shot" (find out later he shot himself to get time off). So I'm rolling balls and everyone in the class is trippin out lol it was almost a good environment to roll in because everyone was being all nice and emotional. At one point the cops came into our classroom with huge guns looking for the shooter lol that was interedting to see while rolling.

that is quite a story

I just wanted to post and say that this is an extremely entertaining story to read! I imagine it was absolute torture for the first half of the day, but it was very interesting to read :) Thanks for sharing!

I just wanted to post and say that this is an extremely entertaining story to read! I imagine it was absolute torture for the first half of the day, but it was very interesting to read :) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much! Glad I could brighten your day.

I took ecstasy at both junior and senior prom, along with a couple sweet 16's. Luckily for me, I didn't realize at the time that I actually got ripped off. Since that time I actually have gotten hooked up with REAL MDMA, and knowing what it really feels like now, I don't know what the hell I would've done if the stuff actually hit me like it was supposed to. I'm kind of glad it didn't - I probably wouldn't have graduated lol.