• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Confessions Of A Pot-Smoking Police Officer, Firefighter And Youth Pastor

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
Despite the increasing nationwide popularity of legalizing marijuana, admitting use for recreational or medical purposes, especially among certain professions, still has stigma attached. Anti-marijuana groups often point to studies that suggest long-term use could result in a lack of motivation, seemingly claiming that there is no such thing as a functional pot user.

However, according to several studies on marijuana use in the U.S., at least 14 million Americans admit to smoking pot regularly -- and they can't all be couch potatoes.

The reality, as the secret-sharing app Whisper suggests below, is that the marijuana users are much more diverse than the "stoner" stereotype. They're doctors, teachers, preachers, computer programers, firefighters and even police officers.

Because of the anonymous nature of secret-sharing apps, the identities and jobs of these people -- and just how much marijuana they are actually consuming -- are impossible to confirm. However, anonymity can allow people to open up about taboo subjects that they wouldn't otherwise feel comfortable sharing openly and can free them from the fears of facing retribution or shame from employers, families, friends or the federal government, which still bans the plant and classifies it as one of "the most dangerous" substances out there.

With that in mind, we present these confessions of marijuana users, via Whisper:

source and the rest at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...nfessions_n_5009645.html?utm_hp_ref=marijuana

Drug prohibitionists are in for a massive jolt to their ideological system if they truly knew how many among them resort to regular, non-therapeutic (recreational) use of marijuana, opiates/opioids, and other common but illicit psychotropic plants or substances.

Not everyone enjoys booze. Certainly wouldn't be my first pick. Not even close.

Yeah alcohol is one of the crudest drugs I can think of. Its just very primitive. I want my recreation from a lab.

Just because marijuana use isn't technically "medical", doesn't mean it's nor therapeutic....In fact, it might be about that time!

I should have worded that differently.

What I meant when I wrote "non-therapeutic" was that it hasn't been prescribed to the user by a doctor of medicine.

Yes, I'm afraid the line between correct and horribly wrong is that thin.

If it's prescribed to you, then... good boy.

But oh my word, if it's not... "He's an abnormal drug user! I've got it! To make it sound like there's some serious conviction going on here, I'm gonna take the first two letters from 'abnormal' and attach them to the word 'user'. Get it? Abuser? He's a drug ab-user! Genius! The voters are gonna love that one!"