View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Concrete spiritual achievements thru psych use

pufnvhmo

Bluelighter
I wonder if any of you had that kind of achievement? Could you precisely talk about it?

My biggest spiritual achievement was thru meditation, while walking on the beach. Thru zen mediting I became all my visual and auditory surrounding, and the level of importance between "me" and all the other things became the same, thus killing my ego. It lasted only a few seconds, but it let "me" understood in a very concrete way many Buddhist claims: the ego is a farce, we don't exist,I've never existed . no need to stress for success of to be jealous of anything (tho I'm back in the ego illusion so I sure feel those things times to times)

I've a medium level experience with psychedelics (LSD 2c-e amt dmt ayahuasca 4-aco-dmt...) and got my mind blown a few times. But never got a true concrete spiritual achievement thru drugs, except maybe realizing that emotions are totally subjectives. Did you get any long lasting concrete practical strong clear crystal clear enlightenment or something similar by tripping?

Tripping can be fun and light up curiosity, but I'm looking for more than that

Truly enlightened beings most likely doesn't hang around BL. 😉 For us others I think we can just aspire to act more and more in harmony with "Dao" and not let our little self get in the way too much. I'm unable to evaluate evaluate my own "spiritual achievement" (to even think in terms of spiritual achivent is seen as a hindrance to development in Buddhist traditions) and even more unable to say what may come from my experiences with psychedelics, meditation, martial arts, psychotherapy, reading, living, oberving. But I do think that psychedelics surely have made me much more aware of, in the methaphore of Joseph Campbell, that I'm the light radiating from my little, in time confined, lightbulb. And not the lightbulb itself. Any true enlightenment, seems to me to be related to a complete and permanent abandonmen of all that I think is "me" - which very few are ready and willing for.

This topic reminds me of two quotes you may appreciate. "I is a verb" - Buckminister Fuller; "Enlightenment is your egos biggest disapointment" - Yogananda. Also, on this topic, in the words of the wise, but not truly enlightened (according to himself) Alan Watts:

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but I felt like replying. 😊

Being able to face one's fears is a terrific thing.

On one trip (I was 18, my dad loaned me his service replacement loaner car (they don't do that any more) which was a Ford LTD super stretch long station wagon for the night - WOW! 1969) I picked up some friends and we went to a lovely English cottage at the west end of High Park belonging to someone's grandfather in my little group.

When we got there (parking a superstretch vehicle is very tricky - so much power, and so much easy to scratch sheet metal) , we dropped large blue pills - supposedly THC and LSD. After 90 minutes, I threw up all my spaghetti and meat balls (which we cooked after dropping) and managed to get to the living room before time stopped moving forward and the staircase to the washroom dissolved.

A huge angry black and yellow wasp ~2" long was in the room with me, struggling to find it's way to freedom, flowers, food, fun, who knows what it wanted next - it was in no mood for any of my barf or bullshit - so much power, and so easy to get stung.

What I learned came to me while I was to sitting near the window calmly observing the wasp - which I did for ~20 minutes (I know no time but 20 minutes is time - paradoxically there is time even when there is no time).

Then in one moment of inspiration and surprisingly deft coordination I was able to unlatch the window and scoop the buzzing creature out into the garden with my bare hand.

For me this was a profound spiritual moment in which no-thought and no-attachment, and deeply calm simple action, emerged from within; changing my outlook from one of fear and disgust to in tune with all forms in nature.

Concrete is able to be turned into dust easier than you would think
The statement about enlightened people not hanging out here is not the truest statement - why wouldn't someone who has seen the light want to help others see it as well?

I have gained empathy and compassion for others as well as found something I would connect with purpose - this is a rekindling of a spark in your inner self that is the most precious.

Interconnectedness with the universe is what I strive for, I see myself as part of it but not the center of it and it is a journey that I constantly must humble myself on. There are plenty of questions to ask and there are probably more questions than answers but that is life.

The first lesson I learned with pschs was that there are very rarely ever black and white scenarios. There are an infinite number of shades and hues between total direction one way and another.

only 5 meo dmt can lead a person to permeant liberation and give you the ability to ego death through meditation if you suck at it.